World Cup Qualifiers | 31/08/17 - 06/09/17

Have you seen who they are playing?

Slovakia just brought on a guy who plays in the Russian second division. We are wank as we see every time we play someone half decent when it matters.

Slovakia isn't easy.
France drew with Luxembourg last night... Luxembourg !!! FFS ...
it's football, international football is often dull, defensive and playing teams who camp there own box.
Labelling us as 'wank' ... 'shit' etc is just lazy abuse ... though it's a lot easier than just given our young lads a bit of credit.
When Sterling gets abuse from fans and media it gets you and your fellow fans backs up right ? So why be hypercritical and do the same to the rest of the team !! (Not specifically you)
Anyway, enough of my 'trolling' rants.

Slovakia isn't easy.
it's football, international football is often dull, defensive and playing teams who camp there own box.
Labelling us as 'wank' ... 'shit' etc is just lazy abuse ... though it's a lot easier than just given our young lads a bit of credit.
When Sterling gets abuse from fans and media it gets you and your fellow fans backs up right ? So why be hypercritical and do the same to the rest of the team !! (Not specifically you)
I would never call us wank or shit, but FFS our control of the football is fucking horrendous at times. Given better control, we'd be through in a breath.

Slovakia isn't easy.

Who the fuck camps against England?

It's England, I always want us to win even if we are playing tiddlywinks. That doesn't mean I have to like them or the whole biased crap for and against certain players. I am getting used to everything involved with City being villified, especially by Tyler and Hoddle and the rag/Spurs/Dipper/Arsenal media. Tonight reached a new low in my opinion in the criticism of Walker for their goal, especially by Dixon who really should know better. Rashford appeared to have the ball under control and as a result Walker got on his bike for the overlap, that is how he plays his game and what he is renowned for. A fast attacking fullback. Rashford loses the ball so Walker is then out of position. If he had not overlapped they would have been whinging, " Why is Walker not bombing forward there for the pass from Rashford?" Sterling is crucified and Walker is fair game now he plays for us. When the England manager says Jones is our best centre half you know we are fucked.

The whole England set up stinks to high heaven. It is run for money and keeping certain clubs and players sweet and the worldwide fan base of those teams interested. Most fan's know this, ask any fan's if they agree with the international breaks, they hate them. Have our performances improved since we started them? If anything they appear to have gone backwards. Take the pundits.....I wish someone would! Hoddle, Giggs, Wright and Dixon. Who did they play for? Are there any ex City players as pundits? I think Sinclair is the only one. I don't put Quinn in that category at all, I actually wish he could be written out of our history not for some reason known to someone somewhere in the hall of fame!

We all know what needs to be done but we have been talking about doing it since probably 1974 and we are still shit.

Anyone else think we'd be a lot better not playing Alli? He's an excellent goalscoring midfielder but he's not much beyond that. At Tottenham they play to his strengths but with England the creativity isn't there.

He's souring the way we play, and he lacks the all-round game a midfielder should have.

Obviously he's not ever going to be dropped, but surely others can see the problem.

Also the same applies to Dier, who I consider as the defensive version of Alli; good for Spurs but out of his depth for England due to the way he plays.

I'd play Lallana ahead of Alli when fit, but I doubt it'll happen

Anyone else think we'd be a lot better not playing Alli? He's an excellent goalscoring midfielder but he's not much beyond that. At Tottenham they play to his strengths but with England the creativity isn't there.

He's souring the way we play, and he lacks the all-round game a midfielder should have.

Obviously he's not ever going to be dropped, but surely others can see the problem.

Also the same applies to Dier, who I consider as the defensive version of Alli; good for Spurs but out of his depth for England due to the way he plays.

I'd play Lallana ahead of Alli when fit, but I doubt it'll happen

Yes! This has always been England's failure. We pick what are on paper the best eleven, irrespective of whether in an England team they are effective. That is why I was interested to see what Allardyce would have done with the side, unfortunately we will now never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.