Happy Birthday Bookie

jimharri

dd3c3227099494882d2d742757d8d30c.jpg

83 today. A true legend.

Well said, J.

The first City captain I remember and manager of the last City team to win a trophy until that wonderful day at Wembley in May '11.

Happy Birthday, Skip; here's to many more.

The times he had to stand up to the plate and manage us during the dark years would automatically raise him in the Queens honours list for services to sport. To my knowledge never a sniff

I often bump into Tony Book and his wife whilst they are out shopping and I have to say he is a gentleman. He's good for a few years yet!

I often bump into Tony Book and his wife whilst they are out shopping and I have to say he is a gentleman. He's good for a few years yet!
I use to live not too far from him in sale and use to walk past his home and if he was in his garden i would take the time to have a quick chat. Proper gent and like u said a few more years in him still.

Happy Birthday Skip, what a servant he's been to City on and off the field. Despite being past 30 when he joined he was still one of the best RBs in England in that Joe Mercer team. As others have said, a true gent who always has time for a word with the supporters.

Happy Birthday Skip, what a servant he's been to City on and off the field. Despite being past 30 when he joined he was still one of the best RBs in England in that Joe Mercer team. As others have said, a true gent who always has time for a word with the supporters.
Indeed he was a great RB,and let's not forget his footballer of the year award jointly with Dave McKay of Derby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.