North Korea vs USA

He's right in that it wouldn't be Trumps decision.... if people actually believe he's anything other than a puppet then blimey. There hasn't been a legitimate president in 50 years, they certainly won't start with weetabix head!

Is it the Jews? It's always those damn Jews.

I was listening to Radio 4 Today programme this morning and they were interviewing the first Chinese American to be Ambassador to China and he made a very good point which basically stopped me in my tracks. When asked what he thought N Korea wanted by pursuing H bomb he said that it might have something to do with Libya. For those who do not know what happened, Libya was pursuing a nuclear bomb option and was convinced by the 'powers' to cease otherwise etc., etc., eventually after lots of threats Libya stopped and yet they still got invaded and Gadaffi was overthrown. So is it any wonder that N Korea fear the same thing happening?

Could the vice president not enact section 4 of the 25th amendment and have the president declared disabled (unable to continue in office)?

I was listening to Radio 4 Today programme this morning and they were interviewing the first Chinese American to be Ambassador to China and he made a very good point which basically stopped me in my tracks. When asked what he thought N Korea wanted by pursuing H bomb he said that it might have something to do with Libya. For those who do not know what happened, Libya was pursuing a nuclear bomb option and was convinced by the 'powers' to cease otherwise etc., etc., eventually after lots of threats Libya stopped and yet they still got invaded and Gadaffi was overthrown. So is it any wonder that N Korea fear the same thing happening?
I didn't know they'd found oil in NK not that I'm a cynic ;-)

Would love to know how NK can afford the nuclear programme, there are so many sanctions against them. It must be at the expense of his own people who are probably starving !

Would love to know how NK can afford the nuclear programme, there are so many sanctions against them. It must be at the expense of his own people who are probably starving !

Definitely

That is one of the reasons that Russia is saying that further sanctions are a waste of time and would only make the people suffer rather than deter the leader

The point is the command chain is very straightforward and if Trump decided to nuke someone it would only take one other person (the SecDef) to go along with him and it would happen. I still think there's only a small chance (probably less than 5%) that he would launch a nuke, but I'd rather that it was a one in a million chance rather than a one in twenty.

I do agree.

But on the other hand, playing devil's advocate, it's no deterrent at all if everyone believes there's only a 1 in a million chance of the weapons being used. Doubtless NK would still like the whole of the Korean peninsular under their control and given their vast conventional armed forces, and the west's great reluctance to deploy again the sorts of numbers of troops needed to defend any attack, it's imperative that the western nuclear threat is credible.

Definitely

That is one of the reasons that Russia is saying that further sanctions are a waste of time and would only make the people suffer rather than deter the leader

On the other hand, China continues to trade extensively with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.