City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero didn't play a single minute in either of Argentina's matches, very strange, but at least he'll be fresh.

Hope we don't pay 3-5-2 - find it very boring and one paced.

or he is already injured.

god, i am such a pessimist.
He was named on the bench. Why would you think he would be involved. He's just been recalled to the squad but it's a while since he started for Argentina

I wonder if Pep is going to acknowledge the fact that they potentially have the beating of us on the counter attack unless we take measures to prevent it, or just stick all our eggs in one attacking basket & hope we roll them over & get away with it ?

And if he does ignore their threat & we get tonked, even with our new fullbacks etc, will he adapt from then on, or just keep repeating the same, Pellegrini style ?

I'd like it to be possible we can overrun them playing Pep ball, that would be spectacular, but if he tries it & sees it go horribly wrong, baring in mind it's his 2nd season, I'd like to think he'd be willing to adapt.

I don't mind seeing him have a go, full on, at this stage, as long as he's willing to accept the lessons & adapt for similar opponents, if it fails.

Hope we don't pay 3-5-2 - find it very boring and one paced.

Hope not - their 4-3-3 would be too strong for it.

I hope we match them and go with this team:

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
David Silva

Bernardo Silva
Jesus (or Aguero)
Sane

Hope not - their 4-3-3 would be too strong for it.

I hope we match them and go with this team:

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
David Silva

Bernardo Silva
Jesus (or Aguero)
Sane

I have a very sneaky suspicion we will be seeing big Yaya for this!

Pep is a nutter. I could see him throwing in Yaya, Danilo, Delph or Gundogan next to Fernandinho.

I could also see him do nothing defensive minded on a wing and a prayer.

God only knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.