City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope YaYa is not picked for this game. All I can remember when he plays against Liverpool is all the Liverpool players swarming around him and making him look like a carthorse.
Liverpool always seem to play well against us and don't think an early kick off suits us.

The flip side is that at times Bournemouth made Fernandinho look very uncomfortable.

Very difficult game this one. I'm not sure (but happy to stand corrected) that we've ever rip-roared our way through a 12:30pm kick off post-nternational break. We'll have a decent stage in the game, but I reckon it will come a little too late to take the three points. 2 - 2 and the media in a frenzy as City 'slip 5 points behind The Champions Elect'.

Just met Gundogan in town.

He said he's 100% fit and ready and it's up to the boss.

I hope he plays. 2 Germans, 2 Brazilians, 2 Belgians, 2 Argentinians ,1English,1 french and a Spaniard.

I'd take Yaya and Dinho together for the first half to keep it solid and get in a rhythm before introducing David Silva. Let De Bruyne play behind the striker, with Jesus and Sane either side of Aguero as a front 3 to cause havoc.

Just met Gundogan in town.

He said he's 100% fit and ready and it's up to the boss.

I hope he plays. 2 Germans, 2 Brazilians, 2 Belgians, 2 Argentinians ,1English,1 french and a Spaniard.
Was he carrying white plastic bags of shopping? I hope so :-)

I've not been a fan of the 3-5-2 particularly, but I think it might be the best system for this game. I think if we try to match their formation they'll win the physical battle in midfield, so it might make sense to have a numerical advantage in there.

Without wanting to keep banging on about buying a suitable top class CB (but I'm going to), this is why I don't understand why we didn't go balls out to buy VVD. Pep ideally wants to stick all his eggs in one attacking basket as you say. In my view if we had managed to get VVD, Pep would have had a much better chance of being able to do that in games like this than by buying Sanchez IMO.

Agree.

It would have made his job a lot easier.

I was of the understanding that VVD only wants to go to Liverpool, and that Southampton in any case refuse to sell. So complaining we did not buy him seems not to make a lot of sense. This is the real world, not a computer game.
Well said.

Also City sound put potential players and usually end up bidding by ourselves. If he stated he wanted Liverpool and not us then we probably backed off in the same way United did with B.Silva, Munich did with KDB and everyone else did with Stones and Sterling.

The whole 'I don't know why we didn't try and buy X' is something seen often on Red cafe about Silva and Aguero and plenty of others. Just because a player doesn't go somewhere doesn't mean a club didn't try and to be honest, who knew how much work we'd put in with B.Silva? (No one). Just because it's not in the press doesn't mean we haven't been doing a ton of stuff behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.