Songs you don't like by bands you love

black flag - pretty much everything after the "damaged" album. I got that on import vinyl after hearing something on Peel and was hooked. Then they went a bit shite but I still bought all of their other stuff and pretended I liked it. You make your bed...

A lot of commercial radio stations seem to shortlist a group of "signature songs" by artists that would appeal to listeners who fit the demographic of the station.
They will rarely venture off this list when selecting oldies for fear of challenging listeners with unfamiliar material so we end up often sick to bleeding death of hearing songs that we maybe loved to start with.
The Ramones/Sheena example is a good one or something like Grapevine by Marvin.
Maybe worth starting another thread to moan about bland radio?

Strangely, I hear I Wanna Be Sedated far more often than I hear Sheena. Maybe it is the stations I listen to more. Either way, The Ramones have better sings than both of those imo.

I'm fairly sure DJ's used to play it if they needed to shit or have a smoke because it's on the longer side. .
Know what you mean.
Me and the Missus have noticed that the record after Pop Master on Radio 2 is frequently on the long side so it seems like Ken Bruce probably saves it up for the Mother of All Dumps at about 1050 in the Morning.

Strangely, I hear I Wanna Be Sedated far more often than I hear Sheena. Maybe it is the stations I listen to more. Either way, The Ramones have better sings than both of those imo.
Some of Da Brudders stuff might be a bit edgy (Today Your Love, KKK, Opened That Door etc) but would be nice to hear such as Needles and Pins and Oh Oh I Love Her So for a change!
Think IWBS was recently used in an ad? so is OK for Daytime play.

New Order – We All Stand

I love Power, Corruption and Lies (erm... the album) but I find the Sit-Down edit vastly improves it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.