FC United Thread

Did you know, you can add “+” and anything to a gmail address and it will go to the same address. Also punctuation in gmail addresses is ignored.

So, the following are all the same.

davesmith@gmail.com
dave.smith@gmail.com
dave-smith@gmail.com
dave.smith+bluemoon@gmail.com
dave.smith+stpauls@gmail.com
d.a.v.e.s.m.i.t.h@gmail.com
dave.smith+spam@gmail.com

Websites rarely know this when you subscribe to them.
Is that true? What if you were the original dave Smith and wondered why you keep getting mail for dave.smith dave-smith etc

@quiet_riot this from the fc fans forum

It's a marathon not a sprint and those divvy idiots are just giving St Paul's false hope when the fake email addresses are removed.

I imagine the people who put all the work into St Paul's bid will be apoplectic if they are kicked out due to the bitters trying to rig the voting.

Thanks for that - I don't think we will get any votes removed as there are definitely no fake emails being used ;)

He's right though, it's a marathon, voting closes on the 20th October, so we could do with having another push nearer then end :)

Do they not have a forum themselves?
Surely every one of the would vote them and it would be a priority thread ) sticky on their forum.
They must have a couple of thousand 'fans'

Is that true? What if you were the original dave Smith and wondered why you keep getting mail for dave.smith dave-smith etc
He wouldn’t, because all those other permutations aren’t offered as new email addresses after Dave Smith secured the address.

Try it with your own gmail account.

Thanks for that - I don't think we will get any votes removed as there are definitely no fake emails being used
They had no issue getting people from outside the M40 postcode area writing letters of support to the council using addresses from inside M40 when the application to build Pallet Park was in process.
So bollocks to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.