Classic novels

Although for teenagers quick briliant reads from that list are holes luis sachar and noughts and crosses by Blackman.

Birdsong is a fab book.

About ten years ago got into the habit of reading a Dickens novel every December started with Christmas Carol and its become part of Christmas for me even though they arent Christmas novels. One to avoid though is Moby Dick I cant give up when I've started a novel but that one was a slog
Enjoyed a few Robert Louis Stevenson and Walter Scott ones too.

I loved Moby Dick, one of my all time favourites. If you want a real slog, James Joyce is your man!!

Read pretty much all the classics...my top 3 would be...
grapes of wrath. Stein beck
a tale of two cities. Dickens
in cold blood. Capote. ..not sure if that would be a top 100 tbh.
Some great literature in front of you mate....
Tale of two cities is a great book but my favourite Dickens is probably the lesser knpwn Barnaby Rudge.

Nobody, ever, has read War and Peace.
If you meet someone who says they have, they are lying. It's dirge. Not just normal dirge but true unsurpassed dirge with knobs on. Plus , it makes no sense. Loads of Russians with similar names and jobs and titles mushing around doing stuff.
In fact, thinking on . Dirge doesn't do this overbearing monotonous pile of shite any justice.
And it's 14 million pages long .

Tale of two cities is a great book but my favourite Dickens is probably the lesser knpwn Barnaby Rudge.
I,d go...
Tale of two cities
Nickleby
hard times
twist
as my dickens picks....
far as Joyce goes it's all pretty good apart from ulysses which is unreadable in parts..
whoever name checked birdsong above...yeah.

If you meet someone who says they have, they are lying. It's dirge. Not just normal dirge but true unsurpassed dirge with knobs on. Plus , it makes no sense. Loads of Russians with similar names and jobs and titles mushing around doing stuff.
In fact, thinking on . Dirge doesn't do this overbearing monotonous pile of shite any justice.
True enough babshka, ,,,,,crime and punishment is worth a go though.

I was going to read War and Peace when I was doing jury service (twice), but I had seven cases to hear, and this occupied most of my time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.