City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Bayern I think Pep is not alien to the underdog mentality. Barca is always more of a challenger.

He's not illusioned about a team s strength and history. When he says City needs to dominate games its more of mind game. I believe he trains them to counter attack too. Be surprised.

Oh and dont forget Ederson s huge kick. If any game it works, its against a high pressing Liverpool.

Last edited:
Very tough game, we always seem to struggle against Liverpool.
For me this is a perfect game to bring Yaya back into the game, we need more control over the game as if we let it turn into a attack v attack we will get caught on the break over and over again.

Ederson

Walker Komp/Stones Otta Mendy

Dinho Yaya

KDB Silva Sane???

Aguero

Think i would go with Sane down the left instead of B Silva, unfortunately bringing in Yaya would mean one of Silva or KDB moving to the right, but we have seen KDB play there a few times and with his crossing ability and walker overlapping we could really cause Moreno some problems.

Jesus would be a great option of the bench as well as Gundogan & B silva

I fear that if we line up with KDB, Silva and Dinho /Yaya we could get over run in midfield.

Huge game!!! and for me a must win we need to send a statement out like liverpool did against arsenal last game (although arsenal were and are a shambles)

Has Pep ever played Yaya and Fernandhino as twin defensive midfielders? Since Fernandhino has only just returned from the international break, it isnt a system that they will have worked on much in training. The preparations for this game have been so disrupted that I doubt that even Pep would go with an experimental formation.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Fernandinho
Merl
KDB
Sane
Jesus
Aguero

2-1 to us in a tough affair

The Pep mantra of " I only play one way it is no secret" is the reason we struggle in games against opposition like this. I just don't understand this philosophy, surely a top manager uses tactics and players to nullify the opposition and win games? It is a Keegan like mentality and will often get found out in the premier league. In the long term it will either all click into place and we will be successful but I have my doubts. Fingers crossed!

It's also nonsense, Pep generally plays possession football but at home to Barca last season we played counter attacking football.

So far under Pep we have played 4-3-3, 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 so we don't play one way.

The biggest reason we have struggled in the big matches (Spurs away apart) is our utter wastefulness in front of goal, Chelsea at home, Liverpool at home, Spurs at home, Everton at home all defined by missed chances by us. This season already we have missed 6 big chances.

Guardiola believes the best way to beat most teams is to ensure they don't have the ball. We are inot there yet but what is letting us down time and again is our finishing (Jesus missed a few against Brighton and Bournemouth, Aguero missed chances against Brighton, Silva and Sterling missed sitters against Everton.

We will no doubt get chances on Saturday but so will Liverpool as they attack at pace and in numbers. The winning side will be the one who takes their chances.

We're obvious favourites, I'm cautiously optimistic and think it's going to be a draw or narrow win, Guardiola knows how to deal with Klopp. But have to admit that possible Stones/Otamendi/Dinho blunders worry me.

Here's interesting stats taken from Pool's forum:

"number of matches vs 'big 6' teams since they last lost (in 90 mins):
Klopp: 18
Wenger: 0
Conte: 1
Mourinho: 0
Pochettino: 0
Guardiola: 3"

If Pep knows how to deal with Klopp, how come he hasn't beaten him yet at City FFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.