City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Personally I'd like to see Sane start in a forward role, for all the problems they could potentially cause our defence, he could cause theirs just as many

As much as I 'd like to agree Sané doesn't seem to be at his best right now.

I wonder if Jesus might play out left. Sergio mid, Bernardo right.

I trust Walker and Mendy. So I think the match will be won in the middle of the park.
I love Yaya's passing but have no idea if he is able to stand the physical likes of Henderson and Can.
Dinho could do that work but he doesn't like sharp pressing. Tricky. Danilo an option there?

What about their weak spots?
Walker, Bernardo and KDB certainly will try to attack Moreno on our right wing.
Mignolet might be good for a howler.

We need a tactical masterpiece from Pep vs Klopp, accurate midfield passing and an energetic performance.

But most important: not being outsung! :)

One of the biggest decisions to make. I've said we'll probably play it safe with Fernandinho but based on the first few games I wouldn't be confident with him receiving the ball under pressure.

Part of me is hoping Gundogan is fit enough to start (I know Pep said he's in the squad), he gives us the best of both worlds.

Both. 2 nil up Yes, 1 nil down no

I do have my doubts abt toure especially when you think he hasnt had any game time so far and to just throw him in such a big game will be a risk but my gut feeling says pep might play him tommrow.

Thanks lads,i wouldn't be too worried to see him start,i'm more concerned he doesn't play sane as wingback again,let him concentrate on attacking

Irrespective of team tomorrow, I hope we do not try to play with a very high defensive line.
Mendy and Walker will play and get forward,where they join in the press so too high a line gives space for pools two fast wingers to run into.this is their main danger and we need to stop it by dropping 10 yds further than usual

Can't actually see it happening though.

As much as I 'd like to agree Sané doesn't seem to be at his best right now.

I wonder if Jesus might play out left. Sergio mid, Bernardo right.

I trust Walker and Mendy. So I think the match will be won in the middle of the park.
I love Yaya's passing but have no idea if he is able to stand the physical likes of Henderson and Can.
Dinho could do that work but he doesn't like sharp pressing. Tricky. Danilo an option there?

What about their weak spots?
Walker, Bernardo and KDB certainly will try to attack Moreno on our right wing.
Mignolet might be good for a howler.

We need a tactical masterpiece from Pep vs Klopp, accurate midfield passing and an energetic performance.

But most important: not being outsung! :)
I think sane needs playing into form. Once he got a proper run last season he thrived. Without Sterling I think sane's pace becomes essential tomorrow. I'd definitely start with him personally.

Although Bernardo has shown glimpses of class, imo he hasn't properly fitted into the system yet. I'm not sure I would include him.

Sane has been bang out of form, but this has been the case before and he has exploded into big games out of nowhere. I'd be tempted to throw him in and not ask him to focus too much on defensive duties.

Sterling is Sterling, you just don't know what you're going to get. Although I would be tempted to start him as they could be vulnerable down the flanks.

Sane Jesus. Sterling

That would be my front line. Everything behind, as you were.

I do have my doubts abt toure especially when you think he hasnt had any game time so far and to just throw him in such a big game will be a risk but my gut feeling says pep might play him tommrow.

Its curious that he hasn't featured yet. But it seems to me that most players, not just City's, have only looked about 90% match fit so far. If normally fit players are under par then where would Yaya be? Perhaps the decision was to give him an extended pre season focusing on conditioning work? It was noticeable that when he was brought back into the fold last year that he played straightaway without any warm ups. Could it be that the intention all along was to target this game for his "comeback"?

I think sane needs playing into form. Once he got a proper run last season he thrived. Without Sterling I think sane's pace becomes essential tomorrow. I'd definitely start with him personally.

I get your point. I love that lad. I just would bring him on later in the match.
If Jesus did a good job before Leroy's speed could be a benefit as dippers will work like mad first 60 mins.

I worry that particularly with Kompany out that we have absolutely no spine to the team these days. For all Yaya can offer he's not the player that he was and Fernandinho has been somewhat of a liability for a while now. The way Liverpool play they have the ability to waltz through our midfield. A lot depends on what we can do at the other end - we absolutely need to take our chances tomorrow as if we don't then it's highly unlikely we'll be able to keep Liverpool out at the other end and possibly more than just the once.

Fearing the worst tomorrow but I'll go 2-2.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Stones
Mendy

Fernandinho
Silva (Dave)
De Bruyne

Sane
Jesus
Aguero

Although Bernardo has shown glimpses of class, imo he hasn't properly fitted into the system yet. I'm not sure I would include him.

Sane has been bang out of form, but this has been the case before and he has exploded into big games out of nowhere. I'd be tempted to throw him in and not ask him to focus too much on defensive duties.

Sterling is Sterling, you just don't know what you're going to get. Although I would be tempted to start him as they could be vulnerable down the flanks.

Sane Jesus. Sterling

That would be my front line. Everything behind, as you were.
I'm confident Stirling won't be playing tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.