Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

Nevilles commentary on sky was atrocious. He must have said or inferred it wasn't a red at least 25 times. Plus he continually made negative comments about our defence. Was really one sided. Tbh first time I've really noticed him that biased.

Did anyone watch MOTD? What did they make of the challenge/sending off?
As you would expect. To a man they thought is shouldn't have been a red and that Ederson is a bit of a fairy. Lineker actually tweeted the Ederson was reckless!

Nevilles commentary on sky was atrocious. He must have said or inferred it wasn't a red at least 25 times. Plus he continually made negative comments about our defence. Was really one sided. Tbh first time I've really noticed him that biased.

Essentially, Shearer Wright and the jug eared potato seller would have got away with it 20 years ago.

The thing is, if Mane was a fraction quicker, Ederson could have been sent off. He wasn't and the Scouse fuckers can go and suck it up.

The MotD pundits, Gary Neville et al seem to believe that Ederson was simply collateral damage in Mane's "honest" attampt to get the ball. The three wise monkeys on MotD settle the argument by saying that all three of them "would have gone for that" - and by implication "stuff Ederson". And that is actually the clinching argument for taking no account of motive ("Believe me', I'm not the kind of player who goes out to kill or injure") or concentration ("I had my eye on the ball" Proviso - "but I missed it by a mile and kicked the player right in front of me in the face.) or any other excuse in defining what is reckless or dangerous and a red card. Those who interpret the laws and those, the referees, who enforce them are determined that those who want to win the ball at all cost, even if this threatens a fellow footballer with serious injury, will not get their way. Their win at all costs view is exactly the attitude that the laws of the game try to wipe out. It is just as well Lineker, Wright and Shearer had their day many years ago if by "going or it" they mean with both feet off the floor, out of control, all studs showing at head height. Ederson headed the ball away - why was Mane not going for it with his head?!

Neville was a fucking disgrace yesterday. Fair and un-biased my arse.

Do you know, I have, in the past talked up GN as a pundit. I thought he was fair in the main and had good insight. My opinion has changed completely after watching the sky recording of the match. He did the same hatchet job on Arsenal during the Liverpool game. He called our defence 'ridiculous' a couple of times yesterday, went after Otamendi like he had something personal against him. Couldn't believe what I was listening to - we were not perfect by any means but he was way over the top. Then the challenge on Eddie he got 100% wrong and just kept digging. Embarrassing commentary from a little shit faced rat who has now shown his true colours. MoTD was a little better and all agreed it was a red card. Much though it hurts me to quote Graham Poll but even he said that he was astounded there was even a debate. 'It was the clearest case of a red card anyone could ask for."

I'm Just glad that the ref was not on the pay roll, and did not try and even it up.

Do you know, I have, in the past talked up GN as a pundit. I thought he was fair in the main and had good insight. My opinion has changed completely after watching the sky recording of the match. He did the same hatchet job on Arsenal during the Liverpool game. He called our defence 'ridiculous' a couple of times yesterday, went after Otamendi like he had something personal against him. Couldn't believe what I was listening to - we were not perfect by any means but he was way over the top. Then the challenge on Eddie he got 100% wrong and just kept digging. Embarrassing commentary from a little shit faced rat who has now shown his true colours. MoTD was a little better and all agreed it was a red card. Much though it hurts me to quote Graham Poll but even he said that he was astounded there was even a debate. 'It was the clearest case of a red card anyone could ask for."
The red card aside, Otamendi was getting absolutely rinsed, playing on the left hand side. Thought Stones, Walker and Danilo were very good, Mendy excellent going forward but will need to run the other way occasionally!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.