City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Haven't seen anyone really talking about this but thought it was worth a mention. Mangala - I thought he did well when he came in. Looked a little more comfortable than on previous occasions and played a few nice simple passes plus one key pass leading to a goal. Always liked him and would love for him to do well here and prove people wrong. Can't see it happening mind, but would love it.

I thought he was good especially his composure on the ball but there are still issues lurking. However that said he was better than otamendi who looked in trouble throughout. I'm not sure what our best defensive line is - especially without VK. It would not surprise me if Mangala made his way into this team. In a 3 with Stones and Danilo could be a good combination of speed and physicality.

I think the answer lies in imagining the boot was on the other foot, so to speak. So, Ederson has gone in with his feet and Mane with his head, thus Mane has headed it and Eddie has kicked him in the face. Now, just on biology, Eddies feet would have been nothing like as high as Mane's were but, would we, on the Sunday, still be bemoaning it not being a red card? I think most of us would not.

No, I dont think we would. Its frustrating but I dont see how people can defend him.

Was just musing based on how pundits would react had he got the ball. There seems to be a lack of understanding around intent/ not seeing the player. It was dangerous. Thats the top and bottom of it.

Reminded me of this..

Doj5RD4.gif

The misunderstanding and statements being made about this Mane/Edrerson event by so called soccer pundits is astounding.
The laws of the game are clear regarding studs up in any challenge for the ball. On this occasion the referee was correct and should be applauded for having the bottle to issue the red card. If that tackle event had taken place in the middle of the pitch and the defender had done what mane did to an attacker, red card all day!

Pundits such as Neville, Linekar, Savage, Sherear and the like give the media headlines which the gutter press jump on deflecting from was a massacre by City over an alleged tile contender.

"his eyes were on the ball" changes nothing, eyes on the ball or not you would see a 6ft plus goal keeper in green coming out of his area at you with only his head to use, is no excuse to jump into the challenge showing studs, unless it was meant!

If these pundits believe that the event was not a red card are they saying, if they were a manger they would appeal that decision?
If any are thick enough to say yes that that would explain any experience they have had or would have as a manger is littered with FAILURE.

Perhaps they should all understand the game instead of conning a living from abusing it!

Rant Over

CTID
prima

So nearly all the pundits reckon not a red card? Then first thing Monday morning we can expect an appeal from Liverpool against said red card?

No? Thought not.

It's also about what happened at Heysel stadium and it was deservedly sung to the Grievers when they were booing Ederson when he was being treated and put on the stretcher.
Horrible bunch of twats...lowlife fucking scum
Heysel was Chelsea fans. Surely everyone knows it wasn't those lovable rascals from "the people's club"? And Joe Corrigan wasn't bottled by the Kop - Joe hit himself on the head that day. And they absolutely never ever ever ever turned up for any game pissed and ticketless. No sirreee. Never. FUCK THEM.

Mendys crosses are going to be a fantastic asset this season, thought he was superb yesterday.
Agree, there is no messing around with him, puts it straight in there. Thankfully our fwds were in sync - long may it continue as, as you say, will be a great asset and difficult to defend against as was proven yesterday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.