Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to assess Messi's current standard do so against Juventus, not cannon fodder from the bottom of La Liga.

He scored 11 goals in the CL last season to Ronaldos 12. Real won the tournament while Barca were knocked out. He had 37 goals in La Liga last season compared to Ronaldos 25. Also pretty sure Messi also missed games through injury.

If we had more people like you we really wouldn't have a discussion would we?

I do not argue that messi is not a top player. Or the top player. I just want City to be a bit pragmatic and not commit ourselves to a move for a player who will be 31 when we go for it and who will commit a huge amount of the clubs resources at the age of 31 to 35 when he will not be operating at the level he has been.

If you want to assess Messi's current standard do so against Juventus, not cannon fodder from the bottom of La Liga.

Marv you are living in a time where you get to see the greatest footballer of all time (IMO). Try enjoy it mate, the guy is majestic.

To see him in blue even late in his career would be a dream (not to mention one which would make us money, not cost us money).

If we had more people like you we really wouldn't have a discussion would we?

I do not argue that messi is not a top player. Or the top player. I just want City to be a bit pragmatic and not commit ourselves to a move for a player who will be 31 when we go for it and who will commit a huge amount of the clubs resources at the age of 31 to 35 when he will not be operating at the level he has been.

I did watch Messi against Juventus and he was probably the only player who played well for Barca, I can remember at least 3 through balls he played to Suarez and Neymar but both squandered the chances, if he was on the end of them, he'd have scored at least once and that could have changed the tie if they'd taken the lead. The amazing thing is, Messi had to drop deep because no one else was doing anything noteworthy. There's no one in our team who can bag 40+ goals consistently, dictate the pace of the play and contribute 15+ assists a season. You can have your doubts about his age and time left in the game but doubting his ability right now? Laughable.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got Ballon D'or this year. He has better stats over the last 12 months than Ronaldo even though he din't win much.

Marv you are living in a time where you get to see the greatest footballer of all time (IMO). Try enjoy it mate, the guy is majestic.

To see him in blue even late in his career would be a dream (not to mention one which would make us money, not cost us money).
Look back & you will see Marvin slagging off Sanchez & maybe Stones or fuck it anyone over £30m

Look back & you will see Marvin slagging off Sanchez & maybe Stones or fuck it anyone over £30m
No argument with spending money. Very happy to see City sign Stones, Mendy, Walker, Bernardo etc. I'd have liked to see City sign Mbappe too.

I wasn't the only one who was questioning our interest in Sanchez. I prefer Aguero, and I am not against signing Messi, I am just pointing out that he's struggled with his game at the start of this season and therefore we should be wary. I know he scored a hat-trick against Espanyol. if he does well against Juve then obviously I'll be wrong.

No argument with spending money. Very happy to see City sign Stones, Mendy, Walker, Bernardo etc. I'd have liked to see City sign Mbappe too.

I wasn't the only one who was questioning our interest in Sanchez. I prefer Aguero, and I am not against signing Messi, I am just pointing out that he's struggled with his game at the start of this season and therefore we should be wary. I know he scored a hat-trick against Espanyol. if he does well against Juve then obviously I'll be wrong.

"Struggled with his game" ... what the fuck

How has he struggled with his game at the start of the season? He has scored 5 goals in 3 games in the La liga. He has been given the MOM in all 3 games. I don't blame any of Argentinas poor run on him.

You're either the greatest troll in history or very very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.