City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Klopp was equal in repugnance to his fans who booed Ederson as he received oxygen surrounded by rightly concerned City players. Klopp should be receiving at least a formal warning after the 4th official needed to call Moss over to reign him in. What is most despicable on Klopp's part was his pointed suggestion, if indeed not accusation, that Ederson was feigning injury. His and Liverpool's sense of entitlement is nauseating and classless.

Typical Dippers they bleat and moan and low and behold Mane is now the victim. They are a disgrace - I hope the FA up it to 4 or 5 games but I bet they don't and will likely reduce it to 1 or 2 games. The power of Liverpool in the media is incredible - we have a lot to work. If that had been Aguero on their keeper the media would have hung and quartered him by now.
No doubt The Sun will start a just giving page if they haven't already. Liverpool Cathedral are now stockpiling candles in preparation for the vigil.

Joking apart, if they are successful in getting the ban overturned or reduced then we might as well all pack up and fuck off. A straight red (and aside from the odd dickhead most people agree it was a straight red) is a three match ban all day long. There is no sliding scale of punishment for a straight red. If the Dippers get away with this, then it just confirms that football is truly bent.

fbba16ebbf1f225a53804759b9ea74a4.png
Strange because Klopp claims he didn't see any contact !

All the talk before the game was of how dangerous Liverpool's front three were. Even with Kompany in for Stones or Otamendi they would have created chances. We actually kept them to a couple of free kicks around the edge of the box (we will concede a few goals from such free kicks this season, but not on Saturday), a couple of through balls which Ederson dealt with (one resulting in THAT challenge from Mane) and a couple of chances for Saleh coming in from the right, one of which was a poor effort, one of which was a good save from Ederson - but that Saleh chance at 1-0 was actually the only time that they really carved us open and got through clear on goal in 37 minutes of play when it was 11 v 11. By the same stage of the game, we had created 3 or 4 really good openings - the goal, for instance, Gabriel's run (at the end of which he was could, not that much has been made of that) and Stones' shot following a corner.

Frankly, Liverpool are going to create those sorts of chances against every team in the league in every game they play, home or away. We had some dodgy moments but generally I thought we defended well - and as we all know, the key in pep's eyes to defending well starts with not letting the opposition have the ball in the first place.

Of course, Klopp threw in the towel at 2-0, so we weren't tested in the second half. But whilst we didn't exactly pass the test they did set us in the first half with flying colours, it was one of the toughest examinations we will have at the Etihad this season, and we came through it unscathed. Credit, maybe, where credit is due.
Top post, this.

It's what so called 'fans' do these days.

They can't celebrate a rampant 5-0 win over a title rival so they find the most frivolous thing to complain about using hypothetical scenarios based on the odd passage of play.

Unless we win 5-0 and don't concede a single shot or misplace a pass then someone will find something to moan about.
Dont think it was moaning. It was true we were in trouble with Otamendi fuck ups and Salah misses. 5-0 was brilliant but without Edersons saves and ultimately his heroism it could have been a lot worse.

3 at the back cant involve Otamendi is what I learnt.

Dont think it was moaning. It was true we were in trouble with Otamendi fuck ups and Salah misses. 5-0 was brilliant but without Edersons saves and ultimately his heroism it could have been a lot worse.

3 at the back cant involve Otamendi is what I learnt.

We were playing one of the most dangerous attacks in the PL, if not Europe. Some perspective is needed.

Do people actually expect us to concede no chances at all? Because that's something the greatest sides if all time never managed.

We were playing one of the most dangerous attacks in the PL, if not Europe. Some perspective is needed.

Do people actually expect us to concede no chances at all? Because that's something the greatest sides if all time never managed.
Agree, I'd be worried if we set up to win 1-0 which we clearly don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.