City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Them having 1 sent off was counterbalanced by Bravo coming on!
We didnt have Kompany and not only did we win, we scored 5 - and kept a clean sheetwith Bravo in goal!
Just imagine this scenario - as ur doing hypotheticals - we've still got Balotelli; he's going through for that ball, one on one with Liverpool's keeper. The balls bouncing high. The keepers coming out of his area. Balo's not backing off. The goalies out of his box; heading... oh no! Balo - studs up - goalie's head; stretcher; red card.
What's Gary Neville and the media saying now?
10 game ban?

Sorry, i don't understand your point. Salah was one on one with Otamendi. He was booked. This balance was altered by the sending off which was a one off event caused by the speed of Ederson and an error in judgement by Mane so my view Guardiola was saved from changing his team by a rather fortunate event (for City)
And I would say that had the sending off NOT occurred then Pep would have still changed Oti to the right hand side for that second half,so your ridiculous notions are way off.

Understand your point, but if you want no-risk, cautious football albeit with a team that can do a job, you hire Maureen and he'll sign the best around at that type of game. If you want a more attractive type of football with more of a risk and reward ethos you hire Pep. Until now, the Liverpool front three have got better and better this season and you expect to see 'em create chances. Until the red, it had been about 50/50 overall but by the time of the red we were getting on top.
I thought so too, we were starting to exploit their own weaknesses at the back, they started faster than us but by the time the red card was given we'd more than evened up the number of chances created, Salah's was the only gilt edged chance they created and our keeper got his positioning spot on and did his job there. I think we would still have won that game if it stayed 11vs11(including the players we had on a yellow) comfortably so if we go to 2-0 and they get desperate, we are just as good at taking advantage when teams bring it to us leaving their selves open.

Last edited:
I remember sitting in the main stand at Maine Rd at Easter 1982 when Liverpool beat us 5-0,that was payback today.
Believe it or not that was the first match my dad took me to. Always hated Liverpool since then.

The reality is - City 5 bindippers 0.
Mane was rightly sent off.
The sending off didn't change the game, we were on top, leading 1-0 and ended up winning. Possibly the scoreline would have been different at the end , but we would still have won IMO.

The bindippers threw the towel in after half time - did they? Or did we just overwhelm them?
Surely they could have found some inspiration from somewhere? After all, they only had Bravo to beat.

Any City fan who can't enjoy this fine victory for what it was needs to get themselves to the doctors , ask for some anti depressants and keep off the forum until they kick in!
See you in the spring....

Them having 1 sent off was counterbalanced by Bravo coming on!
We didnt have Kompany and not only did we win, we scored 5 - and kept a clean sheetwith Bravo in goal!
Just imagine this scenario - as ur doing hypotheticals - we've still got Balotelli; he's going through for that ball, one on one with Liverpool's keeper. The balls bouncing high. The keepers coming out of his area. Balo's not backing off. The goalies out of his box; heading... oh no! Balo - studs up - goalie's head; stretcher; red card.
What's Gary Neville and the media saying now?
10 game ban?
Hope you feel better soon

Mane was a forward. They didn't lose a single defender, they lost a forward. They reverted to 5-3-1. That's 8, count then EIGHT, defensive players...and we ripped them a new one.

Did the sending off change the psychology of the game? Yes! But, that change in psychology is all down to the Liverpool players and Coaching Staff for not giving it a right old go until about 60 mins, then holding on to protect some dignity. They couldn't do it...because we were far too superior for them down the flanks, which opened up the middle passing lanes, and led to 2 goals through the middle of their back 4/5, and three from balls from the bylines (two from the left, one from the right). City's ply was balanced, thoughtful, conservative and then clinical. On another day, Aguero tries to round the keeper and he either gets a hand to it or Sergio slips. The second? Linesman gives offside again. Third, Sergio overhits it and Jesus has to go wider and misses, or the bobble the ball took is less kind to Jesus and he misses a shinner. Fourth, Sane gets the ball back from Mendy, butdoesnt hit it perfectly on the half volley and it goes wide/high/hits the keeper. Fifth, well, it's a worldie that doesn't come off or he slips the ball back to Walker on the 1-2 and Walker fluffs his lines.

The goals were all excellent, but another day could have seen them all going another way. That, in itself, was a good sign!

The die was cast by the time he was sent off. City had started to dominate possession and string passes together, so it was all a matter of not letting them nick the ball and do us on a counter. We did that job very nicely!

If you can't defend with 10 men, with your "lost" player being a forward, then you simply can't defend...and they simply couldn't defend against a rampaging City team that only knew how to attack.

Nice day at the office for the lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.