Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
260px-Roy_Rogers_Prints_at_the_Chinese_Theatre.jpg
He also wore human shoes on his front legs and carried a gun, going by that photo. Impressive indeed.

The lack of knowledge of the laws of the game from 'professional' pundits is disgraceful. These people are getting paid in some cases millions of pounds a year and yet they state a nonsensical defense of the Mane decision by saying will they ban overhead kicks and scizzor kicks when it is clearly stated in the laws of the game that these are permissable!

The problem is such is their desperation to defend the status quo that they tie themself in knots and spout absolute nonsense without any challenge. The general football public and traditional big four fans lap this nonsense up and then re-tweet it as fact and the misinformation perpetuates.

If you are a 'professional' pundit you should know the laws of the game inside out and back to front. If I had so little knowledge of my profession I would be struck off within weeks yet these so called 'experts' get away with spouting this nonsense week in, week out.

The sad thing about the defense of the Mane challenge is that it will influence youngsters at the grass roots who now think it's fair game to go kung fu style for balls at head height as long as you are going for the ball - the consequences of that could be tragic for someone's family. Its completely and utterly irresponsible.

Its time they got their house in order and if they did they might be shocked to find that the popularity of the sport actually increases because one of the most important factors in any industry is 'trust'
Very well said.

Jason Cundy virtually saying last night that the media was whipped into a frenzy because it was their darlings Liverpool...surprisingly Goldstein was agreeing with him

Damn right....

260px-Roy_Rogers_and_Trigger.jpg

Trigger learned 150 trick cues and could walk 50 feet (15 meters) on his hind legs (according to sources close to Roy Rogers). They were said to have run out of places to cue Trigger. Trigger became such a ham that as soon as he heard applause he would start bowing and ruin that trick. He could sit in a chair, sign his name "X" with a pencil, lie down for a nap and cover himself with a blanket. Roger's most carefully guarded trade secret was to get Trigger housebroken. "Spending as much time as he does in hotels, theaters, and hospitals, this ability comes in might handy and it's conceded by most trainers to be Trigger's greatest accomplishment."

Ooooooh, Roy Rogers! I always fucked off Roy of the Rovers. Roy Rogers was the main man when I started looking in on City.

Damn right....

260px-Roy_Rogers_and_Trigger.jpg

Trigger learned 150 trick cues and could walk 50 feet (15 meters) on his hind legs (according to sources close to Roy Rogers). They were said to have run out of places to cue Trigger. Trigger became such a ham that as soon as he heard applause he would start bowing and ruin that trick. He could sit in a chair, sign his name "X" with a pencil, lie down for a nap and cover himself with a blanket. Roger's most carefully guarded trade secret was to get Trigger housebroken. "Spending as much time as he does in hotels, theaters, and hospitals, this ability comes in might handy and it's conceded by most trainers to be Trigger's greatest accomplishment."

And I bet he never went in with all four hooves off the ground at a Scouser.

I saw that - Stupid Sally Nugent again.
It comes form Tony Gale (and him alone as far as I can tell) commenting that Heaton waved [with his good arm] as he walked off, but Ederson hadn't as he was carried off. See if you can spot any difference, but Nugent couldn't stop herself. Strangely it was missing from the actual bulletin, so I assume someone had a word.
Watching Heaton as he walked off with the trainer, it seemed he was going to punch him as the trainer tried to pull his shoulder back into the socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.