Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is going to be the bargain of the summer. Already played LB/RB/CB/DM.... and looked comfortable in all positions.

So composed and comfortable on the ball. He carries himself a little bit like Lakey.

I'm so impressed after knowing very little about him before.

He is one of the those players who seems to slip under the raydar. But he has everything you want in a player versality pace intelligence. ZZ dropped a bollock in letting him go.

A good all-rounder and a very sound investment.

I think he could definitely end up being a DF more permanently. His passing stats from the weekend and the ability to break up play are both impressive.

My motm. But his playing in the back 3 and in midfield does make me think we should be looking to spend some of the unspent Sanchez money on a left back in Jan. Any injury to our fullbacks and we are looking very very thin.

We may need another fullback, but not Alves for me- that would've given us three RBs. We need a new LB who won't mind being backup because frankly Mendy is going nowhere.
Danilo supposedly can cover at left-back, although that position is far from natural to him. Assuming that Danilo can nominally fit in at left back in a pinch, Alves makes sense - our transfer window, had it gone as planned, would have seen Alves join our side.

Danilo supposedly can cover at left-back, although that position is far from natural to him. Assuming that Danilo can nominally fit in at left back in a pinch, Alves makes sense - our transfer window, had it gone as planned, would have seen Alves join our side.
I'm 95% certain we would never have signed both Danilo and Alves.

I'm 95% certain we would never have signed both Danilo and Alves.
Pretty sure you're right, although versatile and able to use his left foot he is not primarily left footed. Had we signed Alves our next defensive signing would have been to cover the left side of defense either CB /Full back or preferably both.

Wow this guy is great much better than I expected, he was everywhere on Saturday think he will play more games than he misses.

Wow this guy is great much better than I expected, he was everywhere on Saturday think he will play more games than he misses.
+1
For me, I didn't know what to expect and was really disappointed in his initial outing - but following this, he's been an asset to our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.