Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an exceptional performance last night. The BT coverage was set up To watch us struggle. Pre match, our opponents were Dutch Champions, who'd won the first 4 games of the season, big lively crowd, big expectation to be back in the UCL, former winners blah, blah blah etc.. and we quickly and decisively dismantled them in probably THE best performance by an away side in this Champions League round. Funny how BT quickly shifted to the old - it's not City who are good but it's the poor quality of the opposition. The side that we're gonna give us a bloody nose in the pre match build up were suddenly ill equipped and ill prepared for such a big occasion! . I thought Lescott and Dunn were fine, but later on BT1 Plug, Owen and Lineker couldn't hide their disdain! Lampard was a little better. It's clear of the 5 English teams in Europe - despite us having the strongest squad, actually having the most experience in the competition, starting well in our group, having the most successful CL coach - they simply don't want us to do well and thay simply set aside any semblance of objectivity and opt for what they want to happen rather than what they realistically think will happen. Plug is clearly rooting for the Rags, Owen for the Dippers, Linekar for Spurs and Lampard for Chelsea (anyone notice the team that's NOT represented? )

Dean Saunders rewriting history on talkshite just now, Liverpool could and should have been 3 goals up before Mane got sent off at City, really Dean? that's not what i saw

Third rate pundit and even worse manager - doesn't believe that nonsense for a second he's just trying to make himself feel better. We should have been 2 up if Stones has buried his chance.

Third rate pundit and even worse manager - doesn't believe that nonsense for a second he's just trying to make himself feel better. We should have been 2 up if Stones has buried his chance.

I had a chuckle myself when i heard that one as well.

Agreed.

BT finally gave us and City a proper CL show last night. Richard and Julian were a bit wooden as pundits, but were very positive about City. TBF you wouldn't expect anything less seeing as they were both ex-City players. Thought Keown was also good. All in all BT did a good job last night, which went some way to making up for the disgraceful way they've treated us and City previously in the CL. Hopefully this will be the new format from now on in the CL until the knockout stages, when sadly we will go back to the usual pundits who have attached City, us, empty seats and the atmosphere in the Etihad.

A big thank you should also go to the club for putting pressure on BT over their coverage and biased against City in the past. Well done all.

Having six British matches to cover means they're probably left with no option. I thought they were good once the host's initially moneyist spiel was done.

Lets face it. ManU, Liverpool and Spurs have not featured much recently in the CL so we can expect media giddyness, however misguided.
City have been the only ever presents over the past few years and are ignored or negatives reported in spite of the best performance of the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.