Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

After his total failure at management how can anyone now accept Neville as a football expert.

I was at the game on Saturday so didn't hear it live, but have since watched the full game 'as live'. Like you, I couldn't believe what I was hearing at times. In the past, since Neville has been a pundit, I have been impressed with his analysis and impartiality as a pundit and his understanding of a game. Recently, I think he has started to slide away. His analysis of a team's strengths and weaknesses is probably still pretty sound but when you don't actually understand the laws of the game - and he clearly doesn't judging from his commentary - what the fuck are you doing spouting shite about irrelevant crap like 'he had no intent to slash Ederson's face often with his studs'? I can't take seriously the opinion of someone who doesn't know the rules when they spout about a rule-based issue.

I wasn't as disappointed with Tyler as some on here. Someone in the media thread said something like 'when the dippers all walked out a 3-0, multiply that by millions across the globe in terms of people turning off their TVs' and that is absolutely right. If you go on RAWK you will read a lot from people who turned off at 2 or 3-0. Tyler's job, however, is to stop that from happening. His job is to make sure the maximum number of people are watching at any one time. Allowing his Liverpool audience to wallow in their 'we wuz robbed' self pity was his way of doing that. It sticks in the throat when you are witching it live, but somehow when you (a) know why he's doing it, and (b) you already know the final score, it isn't so much of a problem :)

Agree. It's not a problem for me. I don't dwell. Was just responding to the poster who said all this furore was perpetuated by
Gary "fucking" Neville. He was right.

Chuckle 1 was OK ish when he started punditing. Not everything he said was bad or wrong.

However he got carried away & convinced himself that he would also be very good at actually managing instead of talking.

Way beyond any shadow of doubt he proved this was wrong & quickly failed spectacularly.

Now he is back behind the mic aware that everyone knows what he cannot do. Plus very green eyed about impressive managers who can & do.

So as he cant rubbish peg he gets in our faces & therefore Pep by implication.

The only good thing about him is that he is not as bad as chuckle 2 at punditing.

Chuckle 1 was OK ish when he started punditing. Not everything he said was bad or wrong.

However he got carried away & convinced himself that he would also be very good at actually managing instead of talking.

Way beyond any shadow of doubt he proved this was wrong & quickly failed spectacularly.

Now he is back behind the mic aware that everyone knows what he cannot do. Plus very green eyed about impressive managers who can & do.

So as he cant rubbish peg he gets in our faces & therefore Pep by implication.

The only good thing about him is that he is not as bad as chuckle 2 at punditing.
This exactly,he thought he was on a par with the likes of pep when in reality he was handed the valencia job by a mate,he is now a bitter nomark who hates it that we all know he is a failure,his true colours shine through now

I'm still unable to understand how the TV van employ pundits who either don't know what the rules are or simply decide that they need not be obeyed - when it suits them. Sterling should know what the rules are but still accept a red card for not disobeying them. Mane is given carte blanche because Gary, Alan and "Wrighty" would all have "gone" for it and tried just to tip it over the goalkeeper "because if you do it you've got such an advantage. You've got an open goal." If you don't, if you're a yard late, if both feet are way off the ground, if you lead with you're studs, if you ignore the rules -oh, and if you kick the keeper's head off, well it's not your fault, it's just the balance of worthwhile risk, you're not to blame. Just one of those things.

Wouldn't you just have loved playing against one of those model pros who just ooze respect for their opponents. Go for the ball, lads - at all costs. I bet none of them actually kicked an opponent in the head. Or wait a minute Alan...but you were captain of England at the time, so my memory must be faulty. Or your understanding of the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.