Paternity test faked - advice

By testing the wrong people. So the test should have been:

Test A - me
Test B - the mum
Test C - the child

The DNA company then confirm that B & C are related then if A & C are related. However I'm now told the actual swabs were:

Test A - me
Test B - the mum
Test C - her mum

This then shows them 2 are related but I'm not.

Boy or girl? Sorry if you've said, can't see it in thread

Do nothing for the time being, she will go after him for maintenance money,if its not a wind up he will tell the court the nipper aint his, they order a dna test and the truth will come out.

The ONLY difference if you get involved will be you end up with a rather large bill for no advantage.

I'd be dubious then. The boy's sample was replaced by the grandmother's yes?
I'm not an expert on how paternity tests are done but would like to think tests would pick up gender differences between XX grandmother and XY child? Also samples should be submitted independently in barcoded tubes?

Don't want to cause worries for you but there should be a level of fraud control in place. Another thing is that child would only have 25% grandmothers genes but 50% parents. This should show up, but as I say, I don't know how deeply paternity tests look into these things.

discreetly too
We could just have a poll on this thread. Simple yes or no, his kid or not. Knowing the great minds we have in here, I'm confident we'd get it right. Obviously we'd need a picture of his ex to help us make our decision. The main thing is that he doesn't just take the easy route and go to a solicitor.

I'd be dubious then. The boy's sample was replaced by the grandmother's yes?
I'm not an expert on how paternity tests are done but would like to think tests would pick up gender differences between XX grandmother and XY child? Also samples should be submitted independently in barcoded tubes?

Don't want to cause worries for you but there should be a level of fraud control in place. Another thing is that child would only have 25% grandmothers genes but 50% parents. This should show up, but as I say, I don't know how deeply paternity tests look into these things.

You would think they would run some very basic controls around the test - not to hard to look for x and y chm's when it is claimed it is a male sample!!!!

First off, sorry to hear that you're in this situation. That's an utter joke.

Secondly, there's a child at stake here. No one, regardless of the relationship between the parents, should ever miss out on the right to seeing their son/daughter.

Definitely get some form of written proof from her ex about what he's claiming then lawyer up. Maybe even speak to the likes of citizen's advice, they might have more knowledge of legal stance here. After you've got that proof from the other lad, I'd confront her calmly. She seems pretty volatile (and utterly vile if she did fake the DNA test) so approach with caution. If that doesn't get you anywhere then go through the courts. It'd really be a shame if that's what it came to, but best of luck mate.

Poor kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.