Oldham Athletic Takeover

Wow! Just glad that statement wasn't made in 1998/99 season!
Since then Blackpool / Huddersfield and Bournemouth have come from the 4th to the Prem, Brighton too and possibly Burnley. Wimbledon have had 8 promotions and are 2 away from the Prem.
Imagine yourself as a fan of one of those clubs that has just become a feeder for another team

yes teams have come up but gone down even faster and end up in a worst state and when your hand out stops from the premier league the clubs go pop and into administration the game is now only a top 8 teams in the premier league and how many will break into that in the next 5 to 10 years not many if any at all and the teams like stoke now know there bread and butter and don't even fight for anything other than 40 points and the money banked from sky

if newcastle and sunderland villa leeds both sheffield teams keep yoyo up and down the championship what chance have the teams like bury and oldham rochdale even getting in the 2nd tier league and stay there blackpool had money pumped into them and then look the 3 year parachute payments and now in shit and i see most other clubs like you said doing the same thing

huh...ffs

Ive seen multiple "oldham fans" with oldham tattoos who just so happen to be wearing united shirts. I have been in pubs and heard bile pour out of Oldham fans mouths about how small a club City are. I remember when oldham fans came with buckets to the etihad asking for money. Fine I gave them money but the anti city attitudes of some of their fans..

Living in Oldham, the ones that aren't just Oldham fans break down as 90% rag 10% City.

As I posted earlier in the thread would rather they went pop than we propped them up. Don't agree with the b team thing anyway.

manchester city was and will never be a small club 30.000 fans turning up in the league 1 means the club was just badly run by clowns today football has change in the last 10 years and clubs now need a fan base around the world to get the higher premier league tv money the demand for your club being shown is now seen as a big club the premier league is a 8 club league and the rest will fight staying up and yoyo down the league

yes the new owners and money turned manchester city into a major club but them days are long gone with FFP but like i said manchester city was never a small club oldham bury rochdale bolton can not live with 2 big manchester clubs there towns are full of city and united fans and what gates do they get each week for there home games all 4 of them clubs will be non league teams if nothing is done to help them and if manchester city can pump so money and players into oldham then why not

everybody thinks all you need is a rich owners just pump money into your club then all will be fine then sorry its not like that you need a vision and something to build and most of all a fan base and manchester city had everything other than people running the club the right way
yes the money helps and without it manchester city would be newcastle or sunderland and just never taking that next level jump because the owners are taking money out of the club and the fans are being milked as a cash cow its sad that all you need is somebody to see beyond the cow and a future investment

mark my words oldham bury bolton rochdale could be non league clubs within the next 5 years and go pop the fans have gone and now are armchair tv supporters and haters of city and united hoping to watch them lose each week
Harsh to throw Rochdale into that list. I understand why you've included them, small crowds. But exceptionally well run, make a profit every year and recently bought the ground back from the council. They are the example the other north west clubs should be following.

Fucking hell, some of the posts I've read in this thread!
Considering you've also spent many a year in the last 25 years in the lower depths of the football league, I find it incredible that some could be as arrogant to state it makes sense for Latics as a club, and the fans, to become City's feeder club and a home for your EDS players. Sounds like something you'd hear from United/Liverpool fans with their blatant ignorance to life outside the Premier League.
I'd rather see us in the conference than become a feeder team to another club.
The "lower depths of the football league are generally considered" to be the third and fourth tiers; the clubs that play their first teams in the EFL Trophy, those who are known (or who used to be known) as associate members rather than full members, those who enter the FA Cup at the First Round. so when you say "many a season" you actually mean one season. And that's the only season we've played at that level.

As for Latics fans being rags; I know of a few who've brought their kids up to support City as they hate the rags and know they can't get the kids interested in Latics in the Sky TV era.

You haven't got a clue.

Right so what I see and experience with my own eyes from pubs, businesses and my own experiences going to watch Oldham play at home and away do not give me an informed opinion? Behave. After City got back into the premier league in 2001 I had a pal who was an Oldham fan and any time I couldnt go to watch City away or on days City were not playing I would go and watch Oldham around the country. For a good few years. I stopped going because I was tired of all the anti city bile that would come out of peoples mouths( witout declaring my alegencies) especially when we were taken over in 2008. So dont tell me what I know and what I dont know.

Right so what I see and experience with my own eyes from pubs, businesses and my own experiences going to watch Oldham play at home and away do not give me an informed opinion? Behave. After City got back into the premier league in 2001 I had a pal who was an Oldham fan and any time I couldnt go to watch City away or on days City were not playing I would go and watch Oldham around the country. For a good few years. I stopped going because I was tired of all the anti city bile that would come out of peoples mouths( witout declaring my alegencies) especially when we were taken over in 2008. So dont tell me what I know and what I dont know.

It's probably the bullsh*t about Latics tattoos and United shirts that he's responding to. Are you upset that you live closer to Boundary Park than The Etihad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.