United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, to those saying they haven't played anyone yet, apart from Liverpool neither have we.
They'll be a threat this season as most sides won't have a go at them but the way we've played so far is on a different level.

They have an identical record to us after 5 games, I believe we have had the tougher start but they can only beat who is in front of them each week. We will know a lot more by the end of October about both sides.

Lets see if Lukaku gets a ban for celebrating to the Everton fans! And how was that a penalty for handball for their 4th, utter b******s.

well me being a cynical old buffoon, i think it was given so united could be level on GD with us so it keeps the 659million fans happy :-)

Strangely Everton collapsed like a pack of cards in a strong breeze.
An anathema as they defended like their very lives depended on it against us.

Calvert Lewin played really well against us and gave Otters a few nightmares - didn't start and when he came on was anonymous.
Rooney blowing 3 good chances - still court tomorrow should be a laugh. Well yer honour I couldnt concentrate on me driving as some big haired, scouse browed, doe eyed tramp was giving me a tug.

Irritates the fuck out of me, that does. I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does. Not worried, though. Man for man, we are much the more balanced — and skillful — side. Good that we're not meeting them till December. I sincerely believe that their run of good form is only that, and will have blown over, and that we will have consolidated our consistency in playing at the top of our game. I still expect a couple of hiccups, between now and then.
Presumably we're still top by virtue of alphabetical order? Actually, as Salford United, they should be lower down.

Lets see if Lukaku gets a ban for celebrating to the Everton fans! And how was that a penalty for handball for their 4th, utter b******s.
Incorrect decision by the ref. Absolutely not deliberate; unlike the stone wall penalty we should have had against Brighton. Unfortunately, it was at the Swamp, so it was in the Ref's pre-match contract (a throwback to the GPC days; now implemented as a sub-clause to the Refereeing Code of Conduct by a certain Darth Gill) to give any loosely marginal decisions in favour of the rags.

Maybe I aint seeing things as others do but can see this lot being in contention for the league right up to the end (they always get the refs decisions and the luck). Goal difference might play its part again. The real test for both sides will be the round robin of matches against what last season were the top four and Arsenal, especially away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.