West Brom (a) League Cup pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WBA put out their strongest side in the last round and I would expect to do the same this round.

Pity Mike Jones is referee as he is deeply incompetent, though we have a pretty good recent record with him (the last defeat was the insane 3-2 defeat to Villa in 13/14). He booked Sergio a few years back for the most stonewall penalty possible against Soton so much so that the defender was pointing outside the area as to where the foul was.

Would like to see Foden, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Gundogan and Brahim get starts.

Bravo
Danilo Kompany Mangala Mendy
Toure
Bernardo Gundogan
Sterling -- G.Jesus ------Sane

Ederson, Otamendi, Adarabioyo, Delph, Foden, De Bruyne, Aguero

-KDB & Kun on the bench incase we're desperate
-Foden on for Gundogan asap.
Tbh, I'd rather Ederson or Muric over Bravo vs WBA given how they play but seeing how he clearly isn't out CL GK I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start. At least pick 5 players 6ft+ infront of him

Last edited:
Team selection will be a pointer to what priorities Pep and the club have.
I'm expecting a fairly strong team to win this.
Is there extra time and penalties?

Their next game is Arsenal on Mon night enabling them to field a full team -- who'd have thought it?
Meanwhile we play Palace on Sat afternoon 2.5 days earlier, 2.5 days rest yeah seems fair to me, in fact we now have a run of 4 games in 10 days
Saturday afternoon isn't 2.5 days before Monday night.

Bravo

Tosin
Vinny
Mangala

Danilo
Gudongan
Foden
Bernardo
Delph

Sane
Sterling

Something like this for me!

My only concern is the lack of cover for our key defenders. For that reason I'd take Mendy out of this one and look to play Mangala on the left of a 3. I'd play Delph and Sane and let them alternate in coverage of left back duty.

I'd want to see a G Jesus and B Diaz front 2 combo .

I'd drop Foden and Sterling from the above but both would be coming on of the bench at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.