Emigrating Abroad

What a strange sense of perspective you have. Poisonous spiders more important that teen pregnancies, people who won't work living on benefits. Price of living. Undesirable immigrants. NHS going downhill. Safety outdoors at night is worsening.

Ok???!?!??
Never said spiders were more important but why worry too much about things not directly affecting you that you can't change. I can change the spider by stamping on it. All the other stuff is down to whoever gets my taxes.

Never said spiders were more important but why worry too much about things not directly affecting you that you can't change. I can change the spider by stamping on it. All the other stuff is down to whoever gets my taxes.

Spiders are important too...not a fan of them. Sometimes a person's life can transform by going abroad, and I would like to experience that

I'm now considering the Middle East more. I have a vocational qualification and finding a job should be relatively easy.

Can anyone who has lived out there share their experiences? I know it gets unbearably hot outdoors in summer but I would particularly like to know any important cultural, climatic and legal differences between Kuwait, UAE and Abu Dhabi. Basically, I want to be somewhere as relaxed as possible towards non-Muslims, and minimise my chances of getting f***** over by police and stuck in prison (if that makes sense)...

And, does it help if you wear a City shirt in Abu Dhabi ;-) ?

I'm now considering the Middle East more. I have a vocational qualification and finding a job should be relatively easy.

Can anyone who has lived out there share their experiences? I know it gets unbearably hot outdoors in summer but I would particularly like to know any important cultural, climatic and legal differences between Kuwait, UAE and Abu Dhabi. Basically, I want to be somewhere as relaxed as possible towards non-Muslims, and minimise my chances of getting f***** over by police and stuck in prison (if that makes sense)...

And, does it help if you wear a City shirt in Abu Dhabi ;-) ?

Abu Dhabi is part of the UAE and the UAE is (or at least was) a great deal more relaxed than Kuwait or Saudi. SWP's Back is in Qatar, I think, so he'd be able to advise you on that no doubt.

Spiders are important too...not a fan of them. Sometimes a person's life can transform by going abroad, and I would like to experience that
Very true. Hope you give it a go and like it. I've known a few people emigrate and even those who came back didn't regret trying.

Having lived my whole life here, I would like a change, and hopefully within the next 2 years.
I'm thinking West Coast USA, or Canada. The USA would at least have better weather. Both countries have more open space.

The UK otherwise, in my opinion is a great country for many reasons, but I've seen enough of the cold and dark winters and think the country is gradually deteriorating.

Those who left the lovely UK/Ireland to settle abroad, what were the reasons, and how has the experience been?
I'm guessing work and warmer climate would be the main reasons.

I'm sure others have told you this but the States is tough nut to crack from the visa standpoint. I came over here on a J visa, home for a bit, back on another J, upgraded to a H, got the green card and now am waiting on my citizenship application. Many thousands spent on lawyers and filing fees, and although I shake my head on an almost daily basis at the insane stuff that goes on here, definitely worth it.

If you have a job and a company willing to go balls deep on you as an employee, you can get the visas and make it work, but its become increasingly difficult.

I lived abroad for 8 years when I was younger and I always felt homesick at some point and to some degree. Now that I have children and grandchildren I couldn't face being away from Manchester for 2 weeks let alone live elsewhere full time.

Do you think that has roots in your nationalism?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.