For everyone who swears they were there.... (York away)

I wasn't at the York game, but I was at Halifax in 1980 - mudbath of a pitch. York was a case of 'We can't fall lower than this'. Halifax was pure humiliation.

I was there that night, a wide eyed 11 year old who never realised how bad we actually were, the next 30 odd years we're fucking horrendous, but well worth it in the long run.

I was there that night, a wide eyed 11 year old who never realised how bad we actually were, the next 30 odd years we're fucking horrendous, but well worth it in the long run.
I was 20 and had grown up watching an outstanding City team in the late 60s and early 70s - still pretty decent up to the late 70s. The downfall started with the sacking of Tony Book.

Is that Willy Thorne the snooker player in the yellow coat. I was there somewhere
I seem to remember he was/is a Leicester fan (and a mate of Gary Lineker's, who is pretty good at snooker).

Or I might be thinking of Kirk Stevens and Alan Hansen. Or Ray Reardon and Saint and Greavsie. The mind plays tricks these days...

I was there - we were already a goal down before I got through the turnstiles. Great pre-match drink and a terrible after match hangover. Unforgettable day out & I would never have dreamed about being where we are now back then.

I was 20 and had grown up watching an outstanding City team in the late 60s and early 70s - still pretty decent up to the late 70s. The downfall started with the sacking of Tony Book.
The downfall was the Joe mercer situation harry, you don't see off an absolute gem of a manager unless you get someone better, the managers that have come and gone from this great club has been a mismanagement of gigantic proportions, a disgrace a humiliation the way some of them were treated was inept, some might say I'm off my head but thank god for thaksin

The downfall was the Joe mercer situation harry, you don't see off an absolute gem of a manager unless you get someone better, the managers that have come and gone from this great club has been a mismanagement of gigantic proportions, a disgrace a humiliation the way some of them were treated was inept, some might say I'm off my head but thank god for thaksin
Joe was badly treated by City, but he left in 71. He supported the Albert Alexander Board whereas Malcolm favoured the Swales group. However, I remember Malcolm saying on TV that Swales said:
"I've signed a player"
"Who ?"
"Steve Daley"
"I wouldn't have signed him."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.