Emigrating Abroad

A lot of people voted to leave because of the EU. Nothing to do with immigration.

It's also a lot harder for us anyway due to our lack of enforced 2nd language learning. When I lived in Sweden learning the language was a requirement. Or at least trying to!

Will coming out of the EU mean it will be harder to work abroad?

I doubt it. They wouldn't be that stupid.

I think you're burying your head in the sand mate. We won't have freedom of movement and so by default of course it will be harder for Europeans to live and work here and for us vis versa.

I hope I'm wrong and a sensible arrangement can be agreed. Just can't see this stupid government being sensible and rational though.

I think you're burying your head in the sand mate. We won't have freedom of movement and so by default of course it will be harder for Europeans to live and work here and for us vis versa.

I hope I'm wrong and a sensible arrangement can be agreed. Just can't see this stupid government being sensible and rational though.
Oh well...that's democracy for you.

" I care more for British workers working here" yet risking their livelihood is a price worth paying? Not one single argument by the brexits has even hinted how leaving could create more employment. Food banks and repossession firms maybe, debt counselling for sure, but secure jobs at above poverty-level wages has never been an ambition for the "out-at-all-costs " brexit cheer-leaders. It is beyond credibility that the UK could out-compete the EU in anything but as a tax haven and sweat-shop victorian working conditions. Better out than in, but only for a few, and more and more of the much-lied to public are starting to realize how much they have been manipulated.

This isn't the Brexit thread I was asked a question and I answered... but you're still scaremongering. I haven't been manipulated I genuinely care for the poor working class, the middle class Europeans obviously don't.

" I care more for British workers working here" yet risking their livelihood is a price worth paying? Not one single argument by the brexits has even hinted how leaving could create more employment. Food banks and repossession firms maybe, debt counselling for sure, but secure jobs at above poverty-level wages has never been an ambition for the "out-at-all-costs " brexit cheer-leaders. It is beyond credibility that the UK could out-compete the EU in anything but as a tax haven and sweat-shop victorian working conditions. Better out than in, but only for a few, and more and more of the much-lied to public are starting to realize how much they have been manipulated.
do you want to buy a timeshare ?

I emigrated to Nova Scotia, Canada 3years ago. Probably somewhere very few people know much about and maybe a destination that gets little consideration. We have 4 seasons of weather, much better defined than at home and summer is great (still in the 20's in Sept.) Endless miles of coastline, lots of lakes, trees, sand, water. 1 big city (Halifax) which is the main port and quite a busy bustling city. Traffic & parking tricky in the city, but once outside you can travel anywhere easily, rarely get caught in traffic.
Halifax has universities, endless food, nightlife etc etc. It's also an affordable place to live and not subject to ridiculous rises/drops in house prices. 6 hours back to London from Halifax Stanfield airport. Oh, and my dentist is a blue.
I have cable & IPTV - never miss a game except maybe early EFL/FA Cup rounds.
Emigration here much easier than to the States, and we are next door, can travel into New England by car in a few hours.
I think Canada came out the no1 emigration country (again) in a recent survey - there really are far worse places to live. I should know coming from Ashton originally......sigh

@Southern I'd be happy to answer any questions you have as well about the States. I've lived/ spent time a lot of places and have family in areas I've not lived. Happy to help if I can.
Its all very well thinking about moving to America
But the reality is its very hard to get a green card
I lived there for 2 years back in the 80's and applied for one, but even though I had an employer and no downside they still wouldnt give me one, so had to leave.

Its all very well thinking about moving to America
But the reality is its very hard to get a green card
I lived there for 2 years back in the 80's and applied for one, but even though I had an employer and no downside they still wouldnt give me one, so had to leave.

No harm in having the 'American Dream'. Would you have lived there permanently if you could?

A lot of people voted to leave because of the EU. Nothing to do with immigration.

It's also a lot harder for us anyway due to our lack of enforced 2nd language learning. When I lived in Sweden learning the language was a requirement. Or at least trying to!

Will coming out of the EU mean it will be harder to work abroad?

I doubt it. They wouldn't be that stupid.

Fair comment.

I emigrated to Nova Scotia, Canada 3years ago. Probably somewhere very few people know much about and maybe a destination that gets little consideration. We have 4 seasons of weather, much better defined than at home and summer is great (still in the 20's in Sept.) Endless miles of coastline, lots of lakes, trees, sand, water. 1 big city (Halifax) which is the main port and quite a busy bustling city. Traffic & parking tricky in the city, but once outside you can travel anywhere easily, rarely get caught in traffic.
Halifax has universities, endless food, nightlife etc etc. It's also an affordable place to live and not subject to ridiculous rises/drops in house prices. 6 hours back to London from Halifax Stanfield airport. Oh, and my dentist is a blue.
I have cable & IPTV - never miss a game except maybe early EFL/FA Cup rounds.
Emigration here much easier than to the States, and we are next door, can travel into New England by car in a few hours.
I think Canada came out the no1 emigration country (again) in a recent survey - there really are far worse places to live. I should know coming from Ashton originally......sigh
Glad to hear all is going well, even though Halifax conjures up a humiliating defeat on a quagmire pitch!
My wife has several relatives who have emigrated to Canada, I myself am seriously thinking of moving to Mauritus if we can convince the kids, to set up our own business ( design/ clothing) warm weather, warm seas, rum, a slower pace of life, and plenty of stars to gaze on at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.