For everyone who swears they were there.... (York away)

Ticket No. 1992, Grosvenor Road, turnstiles 14 to 21. We were probably off to the right of that pic as you look at it. half way between the goal and the corner flag, up behind Curly Watts obviously...

Yes I was there along with my sister and my late brother. I was sat next to a York City supporter an old gentleman who was sat in their main stand. I remember singing to the players your not fit to wear the shirt your not fit to wear the shirt. When quite a few players looked up to towards where the singing was coming from, and a few of the players quickly bowed down their heads and ran off as quickly as they could.
The same chant went up at me in the home game against Stoke City at half time, when we were losing 1-0h won game 3-1 and thus started are charge up the table, and into the play offs.

It was the first week in January so by 4.30pm it was pretty much dark - just remember the City fans coming out of the ground and most turning left, charging down a hill towards the home fans with police sirens going off everywhere

Just remember it was pissing down and everyone was slipping on that muddy hill, we went near the wall at the front and there was a man hole without the cover on and remember my dad saying he hoped nobody fell down.

Was he really, fucking hell I never realised it was him in goal for them.
I only know because I googled it tbf. My memory is absolutely terrible. I remember which away matches I went to that season but remember almost nothing in terms of details. Mind you, I can hardly remember scores etc from last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.