Excellent Gundogan article in New York Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great interview. It provides a real insight into a footballer's life. It's a shame we never see this sort of quality in UK sports journalism. All we get over here is mindless drivel..Pep says this or Jose says that or a so-called Twitter storm!

Fantastic read. Hopefully he wins the same as Xavi did after his op :-)

“He said that he had also operated on Xavi Hernández,” Gundogan said. “He said that after he had the operation, Xavi won every competition: the Spanish title, the Champions League, the World Cup, everything.”

OK, I enjoyed that. Like a poster inferred, it's a shame you don't get to see written pieces like this done by more British journalists. This reminds me of when I had a horrific injury in my teens. Although, I don't do sports now, I always wanted to be an athlete. When it happened, after the recovery and everything, my right leg was never the same. I was told by doctors I would be able to walk, and do normal activities but that was it. The career of a footballer is a very short one. So I can understand how it feels whenever they have injuries. Glad Ilkay is back playing again.

Last edited:
Wow, what a brilliant and emotive piece that was. Trying to put myself in his position, & having had 7 knee operations myself, I truly felt for him. The difference was is my career didn't depend on the success of the ops like his did.

Great to have him back, & what his consultant told him about Xavi must have been a great comfort & given him strength.

OK, I enjoyed that. Like a poster inferred, it's a shame you don't get to see written pieces like this done by British journalists. This reminds me of when I had a horrific injury in my teens. Although, I don't do sports now, I always wanted to be an athlete. When it happened, after the recovery and everything, my right leg was never the same. I was told by doctors I would be able to walk, and do normal activities but that was it. The career of a footballer is a very short one. So I can understand how it feels whenever they have injuries. Glad Ilkay is back playing again.

Rory Smith is British mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.