West Brom (a) League Cup pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling we will Jesus up top tonight with sane and Bernardo think he'll rotate Sergio and Jesus between the next 3 games

Had the same thought myself. Sensibly using your human resources after consulting with your physios and the rest of your staff. Sergio could start on Saturday and in SB, Gaby tonight and midweek (CL), hopefully early subbed if things proceed well there so that he's also available for Chelsea...

If Yaya is to get his debut, I can imagine him with Fabian, Ilkay, Bernardo and Leroy for the rest places in midfield and upfront.

Defensive structure is a sensitive thing. Therefore if Mangala is to start and Kompany is not considered ready, it has to be John beside him providing height and leadership. Danilo one of the fullbacks, Claudio the GK.

Questionmarks regarding the possibility of one of the kids starting, plus the other fullback (if both regulars are rested it could be a surprise).

We're building a momentum, also the idea of an ambitious club, hungry for winning every match, in all fronts. I expect whoever is fielded to give his very best, there is no doubt in my mind that will be the story tonight. There are players who need match practice desperately, players seeking for an opportunity, others who need to find their best form etc. Hopefully their performance tonight will increase internal competition...

So given the circumstances, the LC becomes important indirectly. I'm talking about the match ahead, things could change in the furure. If you suffer from an injury crisis in the process (fingers crossed we won't), for example, you cannot take risks, priorities lie elsewhere. But a win tonight (no injuries please!) will increase the confidence of the players on the pitch (most of whom need it badly), and maintain the team's superb morale. That is why we need it. Otherwise I completely agree with Karen, it's all about the league and the CL, I wouldn't give a fuck about both Cups. Give me 3 wins in the following 3 matches before the break and I'm a happy man...

Starting line up was..

City XI: Caballero, Zabaleta, Kompany, Stones, Clichy, Fernando, Garcia, Navas, Angelino, Sané, Iheanacho

Clichy scored a cracker, I seem to recall!
Pretty amazing how much our squad as changed in less than a year. Eight of them aren't even in our squad this season.

I'm surprised people think pep will play a strong XI tonight; we played the kids against the rags of all people in our only league cup game last year.
If that doesn't scream how low it is on the list of priorities I'm not sure what will
He will play the subs and reserves and a couple of kids, exactly as he did against United. In fact, I'm sure the majority of those that received minutes against United in the league cup also played against Barca.

He will play the subs and reserves and a couple of kids, exactly as he did against United. In fact, I'm sure the majority of those that received minutes against United in the league cup also played against Barca.

I think we could be surprised how strong the line up could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.