West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

first half amazing, 2nd half 2016, Gundogan pure class, sane class, many need to see why they not first team material after 2nd half display, should have been wrapped up in first 45mins, instead we were very lucky 2nd half, thank fuck they cant shoot straight. move on, wolves prepare for a mauling

First half was pretty decent and a continuation of the form shown over the last three games. Gundogan was running the show. He was the nucleus for every good action that we made. If the injury is as serious as it looks then it's a massive loss. We simply stopped playing after he went off. The midfield was non-existent. Yaya gave the worst performance of his City career. Absolutely pathetic. He walked round the pitch for 90 minutes, very occasionally breaking into the slowest jog humanly possible. Every single time the opposition was able to spin him with ease. He put up absolutely no fight and nearly cost us a replay or worse. I can't remember the last time that I was this angry about one of our player's performances.

Bernardo made just a single action worth recalling in the whole game, where he broke forward and played a perfectly weighted ball through to Sane for the second goal. He played very deep and was unable to affect the play. Towards the end of the game he did not press the West Brom defenders and afforded them time to ping long balls up to Rondon. I have to say though that he was not the only one guilty of this. We simply stopped pressing towards the end and they were able to create multiple golden opportunities to equalise.

Mangala... What more is there to say about him. He is not a footballer. He does not have a footballing mind. He is a physical presence and nothing more. Constantly giving the ball away. Constantly choosing the wrong pass. Constantly clearing it long, often unnecessarily, without any attempt to find a teammate. He is a major liability and it highlights an area that we desperately need to reinforce in January.

Other than Gundogan, only Sane and Jesus put in noteworthy performances. Disappointing and frustrating overall.
Overly harsh I think (apart from the Yaya comments).

At times in the first half, we were ridiculous. That first 3 minutes leading to the goal was some of the best football I have ever seen, let alone from a City side. We were excellent overall in the first half.

Gundogan going off really changed things. Not only did we lose our best player, the other players were clearly shaken by it.

Got a good eye for goal as our Sane....

What a player we have...

Ref despicable tonight, yet again Kicked to fuck..Hope Gundogs Ok...

first half amazing, 2nd half 2016, Gundogan pure class, sane class, many need to see why they not first team material after 2nd half display, should have been wrapped up in first 45mins, instead we were very lucky 2nd half, thank fuck they cant shoot straight. move on, wolves prepare for a mauling

I think Toure , Delph and Mangala were always going to tire as the game went on.

Expect more of the same next round although being at home should help that.

Good, well fought win.

Only saw second half, but we looked good for our win.

Brilliant winner from Leroy, but the officiating was a disgrace. AGAIN.

Jacob is a fucking disgrace. That’s the second City player, who has been forced off due to his awful tackling. I remember the dirty bastard doing a similar hatchet job on Merlin, when he was "playing" for Hull.

Some over reactions here regarding that tackle and the ref. Taking emotions out of it for a second because it was on Gundogan and It was a poor challenge but nothing more. Some might even say a good tactical foul. The comments here reminds me a bit of the time De Jong broke Ben Arfa's leg and there was a witchhunt for him from everyone else. The ref let a few tackles go he probably should have carded but he wasn't that bad. None of them were red cards, and he didn't make any glaring errors.
Maybe there has been overreaction but what about only one yellow to the four we were given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.