Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for the guy but it isn't a good sign. It was a shithouse challenge but you'd expect most players to walk away from it. Sadly, I fear that this is basically how Gundogans career goes.
Lol. You could have just quoted my post an said "this".

;-)

I hope it's only minor, but to be honest I am not at all confident. His knees are obviously well iffy and who knows what the news will be tomorrow. Praying he is OK, because (a) it must be soul-destroying for the poor guy after all his back luck and (b) HE'S FANTASTIC.

Exactly. Was never a red card in a million years, just a cynical foul by a dirty cûnt player. Can't expect Yacob to distinguish which player it is when he fouls him.

Disagree, he chased him for 60 yards before jumping into a tackle from behind that connected after the ball had gone. Absolutely zero chance of getting the ball, obviously just meant to try and take Gundogan out and stop the attack. some other referees would have given that as a red.

Sounds increasingly like it's just a scare. Had a few myself after I did my ACL and broke my patellar. First (rugby) game back I slipped awkwardly trying to stop quickly, bent my knee a bit violently and was convinced I'd done it all over again but was fine once I'd calmed down.
If he'd twisted his ankle and had to go off then I'd have thought it was an unlucky injury from a cynical foul. The fact it's his knee from that tackle isn't a good sign whichever way you want to dress it up, imo.

He was/is class. Hope its not serious because he's the type of player the team badly needs when d. silva is not on the pitch. Not even bernardo is as good as him when playing under pressure. All composure and discipline was lost from the middle once he went off

Disagree, he chased him for 60 yards before jumping into a tackle from behind that connected after the ball had gone. Absolutely zero chance of getting the ball, obviously just meant to try and take Gundogan out and stop the attack. Other referees would have given that as a red.
Give over, give me one example of that being a red card.

Just hope he's fit & ready to go before the run of (wba, nap, ARS, lei, FEY). Tricky run of games. Mainly because West Brom will play like ****s again & foul a shit ton 3 days before the Napoli match away. Hopefully no more injuries during that period

Feel bad for Gündo :( Played brilliantly right away & gets done by one of the biggest assholes in the game

Disagree, he chased him for 60 yards before jumping into a tackle from behind that connected after the ball had gone. Absolutely zero chance of getting the ball, obviously just meant to try and take Gundogan out and stop the attack. Other referees would have given that as a red.
That's how I saw it. And did it just before IG got into the box, funnily enough. Took him out, from behind, basically.

If he'd twisted his ankle and had to go off then I'd have thought it was an unlucky injury from a cynical foul. The fact it's his knee from that tackle isn't a good sign whichever way you want to dress it up, imo.

Not really, if you've had one of these injuries you know that they hurt for years afterwards, and it's incredibly easy to think you've fucked it again, doubly so on an occasion like your first start back. He'll be hypersensitive to any kind of pain in his knee for months.

Paul Hirsts quote on Pep saying it's just a little pain in his knee seem to back my hopes/thoughts up, it's just a scare, fingers crossed, and that's not really an indicator of his knee being weak or being prone to getting injured again, it's just a mental thing that he probably won't get over until he's played regularly for a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.