West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

Have to say the front 3 of sane, jesus and sterling played with so much maturity in their game today. In a very physical game against a defensive team that looked to put pressure on the man on the ball at every opportunity, they all played with so much technical ability and awareness that belied their ages.Even in the second half when the team was under pressure and the midfield went to pot once gundogan went off, they never stopped working and you always felt they could fashion a chance and score at any moment in the game. They could've had 4-5 goals between them with more composure in front of goal and once they get that in their game it will truly be a scary prospect for the rest of the league. Seriously how many teams can lay claim to having three potential world class attackers in the same team who are already performing at the highest level and none is older than 22. Unbelieveable.

Good post. And all three are not even guaranteed starters for us.

Sane and Sterlings cards were borne out frustration. Avoidable yes, but you could see they were pissed at Jones' inconsistency.

There will be many games where things don't go as they want, they need to learn and get on with it however frustrating, those bookings were needless and could result in them being missing at key times further down the road.

A scissor tackle from behind with studs down the Achilles for good measure straight red every day of the week if the fifa directive is followed. Not to mention Macauly on Jesus several times. Was it not Yacob who studded Ya-Ya as well?

Disagree on it being a red, yellow card and nothing more imo, think the ref got it right. As for the other fouls, i don't recall any on Jesus remotely warranting a yellow, the one on Yaya was just accidental, again, a foul and nothing more, not every foul is a booking. He also let Yaya off with a very cynical typical Yaya can't be arsed tackle in the first half that he could easily have been booked for and Mangala committed enough niggling fouls, more than Macauly anyway that could have justified a booking too. As i said earlier, if Gundogan had got up and carried on after that tackle nobody would be mentioning the refs performance.

My stream wasn't great but how the fuck did they get a free kick when Nyom twice (and very visibly) wrapped his arms round Sterling? When they come to us we should adopt Baconface's trick of having each player kick Yacob until they're carded, then the next one takes over.

Sane was for kicking the ball away stupidly and Sterlings was for mouthing off. Two very avoidable cards but fully deserving. I think Delphs booking was a poor decision as i believe it was a good tackle and wasn't even a foul but it did look a bit nasty in real time, The ref obviously didn't have the hindsight of a replay so i can see why he'd book him thinking it was a foul, and i honestly can't remember why Danilo was booked. As for them, Yacob was rightly booked for the Gundogan foul, certainly wasn't a red. And aside from that there wasn't anything from them that you can say absolutely warranted a card, a few cynical tactical fouls that if you were to book somebody for you'd have 5v5 every match.

The ref was adequate. For those calling it a terrible performance, what exactly was so terrible about it? I can think of literally 1/2 mildly contentious decisions from both sides at most and nothing else. He spotted the foul on Gundogan in the first half in our own box that could have let them equalise, i thought he actually made the right call several times when Bernardo lost the ball or went over very easily looking for a foul when it wasn't one. (something that Bernardo needs to adjust to) It's just people over reacting because Gundogan might have been injured from a poor challenge that the player was punished for. Is the ref supposed to say to West Brom players you're not allowed to go near him because he's just coming back from an injury?
Are you for fucking real? I'm still fuming about that refereeing performance and you're going to get the sharp end of my tongue for your whitewashing of that horrendous performance from that **** Jones. How many fucking fouls did McAuley get away with without a yellow, despite numerous fouls when Danilo got booked for one challenge? Very selective memory you've fucking got. And the same for Dawson?

And how the fuck did they get a free-kick when Nyom twice hauled Sterling down and he didn't even get a free kick, let alone the yellow he should have got. Delph got booked for a far less bad challenge than Yacob's. And having watched that performance have to come on here and see posts from fucking muppets like you.

Are you for fucking real? I'm still fuming about that refereeing performance and you're going to get the sharp end of my tongue for your whitewashing of that horrendous performance from that **** Jones. How many fucking fouls did McAuley get away with without a yellow, despite numerous fouls when Danilo got booked for one challenge? Very selective memory you've fucking got. And the same for Dawson?

And how the fuck did they get a free-kick when Nyom twice hauled Sterling down and he didn't even get a free kick, let alone the yellow he should have got. Delph got booked for a far less bad challenge than Yacob's. And having watched that performance have to come on here and see posts from fucking muppets like you.
Agree with this. Is ninja monkey a rag?

I know we've won this cup a couple of times lately but I am starting to wonder about it's future. Hardly any crowds and coming smack bang while teams in the champions league are traveling and playing twice a week as it is. When even Burton away at the swamp play the reserves it says it all.

Jones hates us, still not over him booking Aguero for being hacked down at Southampton. Person with no redeeming qualities or features, and would have no value or reason to exist were he not a PIGMOL puppet.

Sit on the fence why don't you

I know we've won this cup a couple of times lately but I am starting to wonder about it's future. Hardly any crowds and coming smack bang while teams in the champions league are traveling and playing twice a week as it is. When even Burton away at the swamp play the reserves it says it all.
It's a pointless, unnecessary competition, at a time when the decent teams are playing European group stage games. Wouldn't bother me one bit if we decided not to bother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.