Women's Football/Mark Sampson

From the FA chief
'In 2014 there were concerns raised about Mark's time at Bristol Academy. These were investigated by the FA's safeguarding unit and Mark was cleared in terms of his suitability to continue in football in early 2015.

Let's be clear, Mark is not deemed to be a safeguarding threat in football. The problem is that when I read the full report of that just last week, the issue became one of Mark's conduct and it's really around the boundaries between a player and a coach.

On reading that report, I felt that what I saw was incompatible with the standards that we'd expect for someone to work at the FA.'

How can you sack someone for something they allegedly did in 2014, which they were investigated and cleared off, because you only get round to reading the report last week! They are a shambles
Because it kills the current investigation stone dead something I'm sure the FArce I more than happy about, whitewash what whitewash ?

he arranged nights out for the players that resembled "a hen party meeting up with a stag do"

Looked at from a certain angle and that sounds a bit like pimping.Throw in a few girls on the border of legal and you wouldn't need more grounds for dismissal.

Pure conjecture of course ... Operation Yewtree has made me very cynical of figures in authority and young girls.

Looked at from a certain angle and that sounds a bit like pimping.Throw in a few girls on the border of legal and you wouldn't need more grounds for dismissal.

I expect that there have been managers of male teams that have arranged nights out for players that were a bit boisterous and involved plenty of female company.

Always looked a bit of a twat but there again many people do.

Whatever if anything iffy that he's done should have been sorted by the fa years ago.

Heads should roll.

What I do find interesting is the team in the last game really went out of their way to rally round him. Now either they all get in well or the Chelsea girl wasn't particularly liked thoughout the team irrelevant of her skill level.

What I do find interesting is the team in the last game really went out of their way to rally round him. Now either they all get in well or the Chelsea girl wasn't particularly liked thoughout the team irrelevant of her skill level.

The cynic in me thought that celebration was an FA instruction. Have a look at the faces of some of the players during the huddle. The keepers looked almost sarcastic.

The cynic in me thought that celebration was an FA instruction. Have a look at the faces of some of the players during the huddle. The keepers looked almost sarcastic.
You could well be right, I really have no major thoughts on the right or wrongs of it all apart from the fa look like shits for not completing a proper screening before the appointment of him.

You mean all the white players? If he said that about ebola then he deserves everything he gets. His interview with Dan Roan was awful and he comes across as a belled, so no tears for him here. That said, the FA are a bunch of shithouses.

That is a big if though. Apart from Aluko I've only ever seen good things said about him by his players, and the FA twice investigated him and found no evidence of any discrimination either time, so I'm inclined to assume he never said anything of the sort. She comes across as a thoroughly unlikable woman, which is probably why she's getting so little support.

Last edited:

Doesn't sound that far-fetched when you take into account what Lianne Sanderson said:
“They want everybody sounding robotic. After every game, they tell you exactly what to say in interviews. Someone with a clipboard will give you the messages and key phrases they want you to say. Or they will write them on a whiteboard so everyone can see. It’s the same with your tweets. They want to control everything.”

That is a big if though. Apart from Aluko I've only ever seen good things said about him by his players, and the FA twice investigated him and found no evidence of any discrimination either time, so I'm inclined to assume he never said anything of the sort.

I have watched most of the stage managed interviews of Samsom I can assure you he was telling porkies throughout.
Football like Police do not like whistle blowers. Even if they are telling the truth.
The cover up of paedophilia in football is one such example.
As fans we love the game, but unfortunately there are a lot of bad people in the game

That is a big if though. Apart from Aluko I've only ever seen good things said about him by his players, and the FA twice investigated him and found no evidence of any discrimination either time, so I'm inclined to assume he never said anything of the sort. She comes across as a thoroughly unlikable woman, which is probably why she's getting so little support.

I think you will find Nikita Parris buried in all those bodies as she was the first to get to him after her goal. How black do you have to be not to qualify as white?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.