West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

It would be nice if the referees would behave
in a consistent manner towards us.
I would rather they were sh1t all the time than build our hopes up every 4th game with a display like against Liverpool. (It's got to be asked whether Taylor hates the dippers more than us?)
It must be a distraction for the players forever wondering if they are going to be brought to book for a relatively minor offence or not.

Teams like City who play good football need to have a special player on the bench. Probably a cross between Roy Keane, Norman Hunter and Mike Tyson. A player we don't need so could be sacrificed and lost to us for a few games after their red cards. All they need to do is sit on the bench, occasionally giving their studs a manicure. When the opposition start to get dirty the manager gets him to warm up, note pad and pencil in hand as they patrol the warm up lines. Showing the names on it to the oppositions full back as they go past. If that doesn't work then they get sent on for the last 10 minutes but probably won't stay on for longer than 5.

They should arrange League cup matches in the international breaks. It gives the lower league teams an advantage because they won't lose many, if any players and it adds an extra few spots to reduce fixture congestion. It also gives the fans something to watch if you don't want to watch England vs Slovenia. In rugby the clubs still have to play when the internationals go off for the six nations.

They should arrange League cup matches in the international breaks. It gives the lower league teams an advantage because they won't lose many, if any players and it adds an extra few spots to reduce fixture congestion. It also gives the fans something to watch if you don't want to watch England vs Slovenia. In rugby the clubs still have to play when the internationals go off for the six nations.

great idea but probably never going to happen as right now as derided as the EFL is its probably more popular than the Internationals are. Authorities not going to risk us turning away from Internationals even more.

Just watched the highlights on the OS. If Ben Foster doesn't get a start for England soon something is seriously wrong.

I ******* hate Yacob! Absolutely no place in today's game for a total n utter cowardly journeyman. I just hope he gets his very soon. But when it comes to the Club shop model, with his ****** ridiculously white pumps, then the Hate-o-meter is 100 fold. This vile shithouse has been raping a living in the premier league for years now. His team talks must consist of ' Just kick the bastards as hard as you can'. He's a ******** disgrace to the game and a major threat to top class players. This twat of a dinosaur needs euphenasing. The C**T !!

I ******* hate Yacob! Absolutely no place in today's game for a total n utter cowardly journeyman. I just hope he gets his very soon. But when it comes to the Club shop model, with his ****** ridiculously white pumps, then the Hate-o-meter is 100 fold. This vile shithouse has been raping a living in the premier league for years now. His team talks must consist of ' Just kick the bastards as hard as you can'. He's a ******** disgrace to the game and a major threat to top class players. This twat of a dinosaur needs euphenasing. The C**T !!

Not on your Christmas card list then?

It's a pointless, unnecessary competition, at a time when the decent teams are playing European group stage games. Wouldn't bother me one bit if we decided not to bother.

PB, you know I respect you and your opinions but in this case I have to disagree with you and have been trying to find a calm way of putting it and found this quote on the BBC website from a contributor to a question that was asked about keeping this cup competition:

Sure, let's just scrap the competition for every team in the football league so a few billionaire owned mega clubs can try to win the Champions League.

We call the club for pulling away from fans but to my mind this is the fans pulling away from the football played not just by the few elite clubs in England but by ALL the clubs. It brings us down to the level of the 'old' top 4 who always thought that they were better than the rest of us, not just in a footballing sense and looked down on those of us who supported our teams through thick and thin. Plus it gives the youngsters a chance to be 'blooded' they don't get the reserve leagues any more so this is ideal.

Sorry but I have to totally disagree with you here. The Champions league and European games may be important but grass roots football is still the mainstay of football in this country, and by this country I include Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland. If you are doing a Clarkie on me or being a WUM then I got caught. :-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.