Gundogan injury v West Brom | Confirmed not serious by Ilkay

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point, the club and even individual players have to start kicking up an almighty stink in the press over this. I am always baffled at how referees in England get away with this. I'd love to see this joke of a referee try this nonsense in say Argentina.
The problem is that it can back fire. Wenger used to make a fuss about the way pulis's stoke played against them and all it achieved was to get arsenal a reputation as being soft and fired up stoke even more

I feel really sorry for Gundogan after the time he has had but I can't help being frustrated by the fact he didn't pass the ball. If he's going to get injured he's going to get injured and you can't always avoid it but surely after so long out he should have moved the ball on quicker with Delph to his left & Sterling ahead of him? Hope he makes a quick return as he was excellent.
What he does is exactly what Pep wants, to drive forward quickly in possession of the ball, he was just about to pass it, close to the penalty area when he was assaulted, you can't be blaming the player for doing his job, blame the thug who knew exactly what he was doing, and the incompetent Jones for not doing his job, it was just as much a red as Mane was, in fact worse because it could be argued Mane wasn't intentional, this was premeditated.

The problem is that it can back fire. Wenger used to make a fuss about the way pulis's stoke played against them and all it achieved was to get arsenal a reputation as being soft and fired up stoke even more
You're right.
What we need to do the next time we play WBA is go 3-0 up, sub on a second string player, tell him to break some fuckers leg, get sent off, take a 6 match ban if he has to and let it be known in not so many words that that is what teams will get if they fuck around with us. That'll put a stop to it.

What he does is exactly what Pep wants, to drive forward quickly in possession of the ball, he was just about to pass it, close to the penalty area when he was assaulted, you can't be blaming the player for doing his job, blame the thug who knew exactly what he was doing, and the incompetent Jones for not doing his job, it was just as much a red as Mane was, in fact worse because it could be argued Mane wasn't intentional, this was premeditated.
Exactly.It was a deliberate act and it was atrocious officiating.

To think a player,Sterling,can receive an identical punishment for showing his frustration at a shit decision,as some cvnt who could have ended a players career is staggeringly absurd.

I'm hoping its good news for obvious reason,but also because if ever a player deserved some luck,its this lad.The league is a poorer place in his absence.

You're right.
What we need to do the next time we play WBA is go 3-0 up, sub on a second string player, tell him to break some fuckers leg, get sent off, take a 6 match ban if he has to and let it be known in not so many words that that is what teams will get if they fuck around with us. That'll put a stop to it.

How do we pick the hatchet man that will take a 6 game ban?

Ask for volunteers maybe, failing that draw straws?

You're getting into the technicalities of it but we can't let this carry on. You can bet every team will be queuing up to assault our players if we don't do anything about it.
Sorry, I'm angry.

Sorry pal, didn't mean to wind you up, I was joking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.