Civil war in Spain?

I don't see why they're making a big fuss about this. Why not just let them go ahead with the referendum and then ignore it. All this does is create more of a case for the separatists.

I don't see why they're making a big fuss about this. Why not just let them go ahead with the referendum and then ignore it. All this does is create more of a case for the separatists.
Because if they hold a referendum and the seperatists win then it's ignored there will be violence maybe even terrorism, this will trigger the Basques off again and they are no strangers to terrorism and killing people

Well Terra Lliure have been disbanded for 22 years and catalonian soldiers will be in the spanish army, so if they declare independance, I wonder what they would have to defend themselves from any force by the spanish government.

Not that it will come to that.

And by not holding the referendum, everyone will soon forget all about it and live happily ever after.
I doubt the issue of Catalan and Basque independence will ever go away, yes the majority just want to get on with their lives without all the politics but there are always agitators pushing for something in Catalonia and the Basque country

I doubt the issue of Catalan and Basque independence will ever go away, yes the majority just want to get on with their lives without all the politics but there are always agitators pushing for something in Catalonia and the Basque country

I agree, there will always be a section of both regions that will push for independence from spain, to ignore it would not help the sitution.

Can you lot fekk off with your Brexit talk?

Anyways, if they did actually vote for independence, what would happen then, and would the Basque region want the same? Would ETA reform?
I think they would that's if ETA actually disbanded, Spain is in a state of flux at the moment, there are independence movements everywhere, one of the more vocal is in Andalucia, Nacion Andaluza and Asamblea Nacional de Andalucia are becoming more vocal year on year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.