Civil war in Spain?

I agree, there will always be a section of both regions that will push for independence from spain, to ignore it would not help the sitution.
Correct, if both regions did vote for independence though how do you think the general population of Spain would take it, would they just shrug their shoulders and say "if thats what they want let them go" or would there be an outcry?

Correct, if both regions did vote for independence though how do you think the general population of Spain would take it, would they just shrug their shoulders and say "if thats what they want let them go" or would there be an outcry?

TBF who knows, if you look at it with the UK in mind when the scotish referendum happened plenty of English were 'fuck em, let them go' but if it had happened would it have been 'we ain't having that happening'.

Just like the EU referendum , unti the result no one can really say what the response will be generally.

Some areas like andalucia may then push for independence and maybe the castile areas will be indifferent, but could also be a collective push to ignore the results and tell them they are staying part of spain.

Either way it has been allowed to become a very destabalising situation.

TBF who knows, if you look at it with the UK in mind when the scotish referendum happened plenty of English were 'fuck em, let them go' but if it had happened would it have been 'we ain't having that happening'.

Just like the EU referendum , unti the result no one can really say what the response will be generally.

Some areas like andalucia may then push for independence and maybe the castile areas will be indifferent, but could also be a collective push to ignore the results and tell them they are staying part of spain.

Either way it has been allowed to become a very destabalising situation.
Europe as a whole is going back to pre 1914, Transylvania and Wallacia and a hundred such small regions all want independence, i blame Franz Ferdinand, Gavrilo Princip and the Kaiser :)

Because if they hold a referendum and the seperatists win then it's ignored there will be violence maybe even terrorism, this will trigger the Basques off again and they are no strangers to terrorism and killing people
They've had them in the past and they just ignore them and attempt to discredit them. All they need to say is "only those in favour voted, because everyone against knew it wasn't real."

Europe as a whole is going back to pre 1914, Transylvania and Wallacia and a hundred such small regions all want independence, i blame Franz Ferdinand, Gavrilo Princip and the Kaiser :)
Reminds me of a competition to write headlines for a historical event. The winner was:
" Franz Ferdinand found alive...first world war fought by mistake"

His white feather is in the post.

You know my post was simply about a documentary I found interesting and for some personal reasons. The pathetic response from some keyboard warriors has been something to behold. I would guess that given the life the guy would have led - WW1 as a child - the Great Depression and the privations of that ear - then the Spanish Civil War and the rise of European Fascism - never knew the guy but I would guess he was a stronger, more principled, harder, more resourceful and ultimately more rounded than any of the respondants on here but hey I am sure they would all go and fight and stand up for their principles - as long as they had wi-fi a Subway nearby and airconditioned accommodation to retire to when the fighting at laser quest stopped at 5pm

You know my post was simply about a documentary I found interesting and for some personal reasons. The pathetic response from some keyboard warriors has been something to behold. I would guess that given the life the guy would have led - WW1 as a child - the Great Depression and the privations of that ear - then the Spanish Civil War and the rise of European Fascism - never knew the guy but I would guess he was a stronger, more principled, harder, more resourceful and ultimately more rounded than any of the respondants on here but hey I am sure they would all go and fight and stand up for their principles - as long as they had wi-fi a Subway nearby and airconditioned accommodation to retire to when the fighting at laser quest stopped at 5pm
Nah. Sounds like he was a fanny that was perfectly happy to let others do his duty for him. There's never been a more just war than 39-45. The systematic extermination of Jews, disabled, Slavs, homosexuals and just about anyone else that didn't fit the Aryan Nazi ideal.

It makes me proud there were people like my grandfather who was unlucky enough to be in the British 11th Armoured Division and was one of the poor blokes who discovered Belsen. That such places existed at all justified the war, whatever people such as grandfather said. You mention receiving a pathetic response, it's not pathetic at all, if the rest of the country was as 'hard, principled and strong' as your grandfather then we'd all be speaking German and there wouldn't be a Jew left in Europe.

I can understand a young fella having his arse arse handed to him by the fascists in Spain and not fancying anymore war as his arse had gone, but dressing up his avoidance of duty is such florid terms as 'objecting on the grounds is a capitalist war' is beyond a joke.

Nah. Sounds like he was a fanny that was perfectly happy to let others do his duty for him. There's never been a more just war than 39-45. The systematic extermination of Jews, disabled, Slavs, homosexuals and just about anyone else that didn't fit the Aryan Nazi ideal.

It makes me proud there were people like my grandfather who was unlucky enough to be in the British 11th Armoured Division and was one of the poor blokes who discovered Belsen. That such places existed at all justified the war, whatever people such as grandfather said. You mention receiving a pathetic response, it's not pathetic at all, if the rest of the country was as 'hard, principled and strong' as your grandfather then we'd all be speaking German and there wouldn't be a Jew left in Europe.

I can understand a young fella having his arse arse handed to him by the fascists in Spain and not fancying anymore war as his arse had gone, but dressing up his avoidance of duty is such florid terms as 'objecting on the grounds is a capitalist war' is beyond a joke.
Thing is as well SWP when Germany invaded Russia in 1941 it ceased to be a 'capitalist' war and became a great 'patriotic' war and all the communist "im not fighting your capitalist war" shithouses suddenly found some spunk and started joining up or agitating on the streets for 'second front now' typical two faced fuckers, my relatives who were already in service despised them

Scary developments in Spain. Really hope it doesn't turn violent. The current Spanish government are the biggest liars and corrupt politicians you'll find! Make ours look like saints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.