City games allegedly fixed

Those two Spurs games were clear as hell, I said to my missus (only her 3rd game) before the Sterling handball that the **** would give a dodgy penalty and 10-15 minutes later surprise surprise. One that sticks in my mind was a 3-1 home win against Wolves a good few years back, that refereeing performance I'll still remember till the day I die and confirmed absolutely everything to me in terms of corruption. The Chelsea one last season as well with the none sending off of Luis, then Fernandinho and Aguero walking.
Wolves game was reffed by Atwell IIRC. Always remember him blowing for a Wolves throw before the ball went out then suddenly back tracking when it didn't. Utter bent ****.

I'd be very interested to read that article if possible PB?? Is it available anywhere to view please?
Didn't he have his own business that was in debt by hundreds of thousands of pounds? Think hes a plumber by trade and got into trouble and didn't a person or company he owed money to emai a newspaper who then printed it and then he was suspended for a while? Something like that?
I'll dig it out, edit it and see if Ric will put it up on the site.

yhp, I think they have a better wrap on it these days, certainly go to greater lengths.
We do, actually. As football datasets have grown, and analytic tools evolved, it has become much easier to use statistical analysis techniques to identify irregularities.

It really is only a matter of time before a club in one of the leagues takes action against an official (or group of officials) using statistical analysis as the basis for a more thorough evidential inquiry. We have a team at my firm which is solely tasked with using these methods to suss out financial fraud. And they are getting better at it every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.