City games allegedly fixed

$£Billions involved and thats before you even factor in betting markets, especially in the Far East so to suggest football is or can be clean is beyond me i'm afraid because where there is money, there will be greed and some will do anything to have even more of it!

As hard as it would be to fix a football match, it would be ten times harder to keep the fixing quiet afterwards.

So the suggestion is the refs are bent rather than the teams?

At the speed the game is being played it is to be expected that mistakes will be made. I imagine referees are scrutinized when it comes to betting and bribery.

Also, if our owners are aware of the issues and are paying money themselves then why the heck are we spending all the money on quality players? Just bribe the refs surely.?

I dont doubt there is corruption, just not on the scale some people suggest and a lot of people want to believe.

This reads like a list of games where there's been bad refereing decisions. Not one shred of evidence it's a conspiracy.

It's incredible hard to 'fix' a football game. Not saying it doesn't happen but I'd be extremely surprised if it happens at the top level.

Of course the most likely to be corrupted is the officials but even they can't 'fix' a game. They can lean and be softer one way. But who do people think are behind the 'conspiracies'? The clubs? Would they really risk the fallout? I guess Juve were involved in high level corruption so it's not implausible. I just personally can't see it.

Doping, now that's much more likely in my opinion!

I think people interpret fixing to have 100% success rate. There's already been 3 games this season where familiar faces have put undue influence on our games with blatantly incorrect decisions which could have derailed us, fortunately only Everton stuck.

don't have to be paid to start manipulating either.

The ref has a very easy excuse if he has made the wrong decision in a game, he can come out with that well know saying " I did not see that incident" how can you prove that the ref is being economical with the truth. When in fact he ahs seen it perfectly. Take the tackle on Ilkay in the game against WBA, on Wednesday, that should have been a straight red card for a tackle from behind, but Mike Jones decide it was worth only a yellow card, and that player goes on and scores to make the scores level. We could have gone on and lost that game, but we didn't.

I think people interpret fixing to have 100% success rate. There's already been 3 games this season where familiar faces have put undue influence on our games with blatantly incorrect decisions which could have derailed us, fortunately only Everton stuck.

don't have to be paid to start manipulating either.

Sure but the game runs at a faster pace than it ever has and refs are human. I think a lot of people cry corruption when the truth is it's human error or poor judgement that is the cause.

Here's an example, the officials we had against Watford were 'favourable' to city. The same team were favourable to Chelsea in that infamous game against us. Now are we saying they are paid for hire, corrupt officials? Or is it not just more plauisable they are a bit shit?

Sergio collides with West Ham player who goes down holding his face. Ref looking straight at it doesn't send Sergio off. Big media campaign after the game and ref says he didn't see it. Sergio gets banned. Nothing to see here.

Sure but the game runs at a faster pace than it ever has and refs are human. I think a lot of people cry corruption when the truth is it's human error or poor judgement that is the cause.

Here's an example, the officials we had against Watford were 'favourable' to city. The same team were favourable to Chelsea in that infamous game against us. Now are we saying they are paid for hire, corrupt officials? Or is it not just more plauisable they are a bit shit?

Well said. I'm always one for the "cock up" version of history rather than conspiracy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.