City games allegedly fixed

They did a hatchet job on Reyes and Ashley Cole that day, and about 10 seconds in does Tyler say that Wooney is "a bit of a rascal" in the tackles?

And that dive for a penalty!

The look on Campbell's face towards the end tells you everything about Riley that day.

But, yes, the dive... Neville complaining about being penalised...

I remember during our first title winning season listening to Talkshite the morning after we had lost for the first time that season, 2-1 away at Chelsea. Mario had put us 1-0 up after 90 seconds and Silva was denied the clearest penalty you will ever see about 10 minutes later. Clichy was red-carded for two nothing fouls and Chelsea got away with foul after foul. Finally a ball was blasted at Lescott IIRC whose arm was up and Clattenburg gave a penalty. For them, every foul was a hard tackle and for us every hard tackle was a foul.

Anyway, on Talkshite the next day they had a talking head on, as they do, from one of the betting firms, who said that a very big bet had been put on Chelsea to win very shortly before the kick off.

Coincidence that a huge bet on a Chelsea win goes on shortly before a referee with a questionable financial history makes a series of decisions that all seem to favour one team?

Maybe, maybe not.

That first 40 minutes was still some of the best football I've ever seen us play, mesmeric at times. But yeh the decisions were dodgy as fuck.

I wonder why in the hell did ****enburg suddenly ditched the spot light , fame and money to only fuck off to Saudi Arabian league?
Maybe he was under investigation or he sensed he is in deep pile of shit.
No extraction treaty with Saudi.

Twattenberg has always been about himself. He was dropped for a while because of his business activities.

The mentioned game against Wolves when Atwell blatantly cheated in his attempts to give them every conceivable chance of getting something from then game. Pretty much every Twattenburg game post the 6-1. Oliver's refusal to give us countless penalties whilst giving the Rags penalties for relatively little. Any game refereed by Walton against either Everton or Liverpool (I thought Moyes was gonna go down on him after the last game he reffed them). Dowd against Liverpool in the League Semi. Countless other instances since the Good Sheikh decided to back the 'comedy club'. How any self purporting blues can say football isn't either fixed or biased or bent is either a wum, rag or their sense of perception is truly f**ked.

Jeez that's a bit harsh. What's the fucking point in supporting the club and going to the games then?

We've been very successful since 2008 too, if it was as bent as you suggest then we'd not have won what we have and finished above the rags as many times as we have in recent seasons.

My thoughts are that there are probably some games that have been bent or rigged but I don't think it's as prevalent in the top flight as many do. Lower league games though? It's probably bent as fuck.

I think a lot of the examples in the blog are down to just complete incompetence from the officials. The rags naturally will have benefitted over the years because of pure pressure from media outlets, players, manager and the fact that we're all constantly told just how huge a club they are.

Humans in general will take the easiest option. The one where less aggro is involved and giving manure a penalty late in a game when 70 thousand are screaming for it and a camera is on you is an easier option than not in a lot of instances.

Video refs will take a lot of this conspiracy away.

The most all round worst referee performance I have ever seen over the cause of 90 mins, absolutely scandalous how Atkinson influenced that game result.
Even the commentators were incredulous, Andy Gray was speechless trying to justify what the ref was doing.

Those two Spurs games were clear as hell, I said to my missus (only her 3rd game) before the Sterling handball that the **** would give a dodgy penalty and 10-15 minutes later surprise surprise. One that sticks in my mind was a 3-1 home win against Wolves a good few years back, that refereeing performance I'll still remember till the day I die and confirmed absolutely everything to me in terms of corruption. The Chelsea one last season as well with the none sending off of Luis, then Fernandinho and Aguero walking.
My friend is a Wolves fan and he still moans about that game :)

League cup final against bin dippers leading 1-0 Aguero fouled in penalty area Oliver looking straight at it gives nothing

Interesting thread. If all true there is only one solution. Bang enough goals in early doors that it would be too obvious to fix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.