Uber London loses licence to operate

They're banned in Dublin. Uber still works, but only as a way of getting a regular cab. That might be what happens in the future.

Bollocks.

Never happened.

Why would the hotel call you an uber.

Why would they accept cash?

Why would it be more expensive than a black cab when they are known to be cheaper.
He had an Uber sticker on his car,he showed me the charges on an app on this phone
And unless you were in the boot of the car,how on earth do you know what happened

He had an Uber sticker on his car,he showed me the charges on an app on this phone
And unless you were in the boot of the car,how on earth do you know what happened
I've had a similarish problem to you, except in my case I ended being charged £82 instead of £30 so you have my sympathy

Uber's always been a great idea in principle but too many corners have been cut and they've landed themselves in hot water time and time again.

I do wonder if their 'questionable practices' are part of the reason they're so accessible and affordable (except for me obviously..). If they can clean themselves up then they'd be an amazing service.

There are plenty of other apps out there. Despite my doom-mongering earlier in the thread, there's no reason all of the current licenced Uber drivers can't sign up to My Taxi or similar.

An uber sticker doesn't mean it's an uber.

Uber's don't take cash, and 90% of the fee is set in stone before you leave, that's the entire business model.

Uber must be one of the worst run companies in the world.

Since having their breakthrough, replacing a service that everybody hates with a far superior, more accessible product, they've seemingly taken the worst possible management decision at every opportunity.

It's amazing that they're seemingly on the verge of killing their golden goose.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.