Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't it fair to ask him to play a position he played last season, and played very well, in some big games, and to critical acclaim?

That isn't what I said. At all. I have no problem with him playing there in emergency so long as he isn't dropped to cameo 10 min subs appearences as a reward afterwards. I thought he did ok there.

As I said though, that isn't my main point anyway & I've answered several posts on it & don't really want to discuss that aspect anymore.

In the case of Sané, I am not convinced that it was good management, more sheer talent from Sané forcing everyone to notice him, with limited opportunity.

I am only talking about Sané's situation, nothing else, so no point mentioning Pep's other decisions as I'm not arguing against them.

Imo Sané has made himself very difficult to leave out, by his own ability & well done to him.
You can't talk about Sane in isolation though, isn't that obvious? He hasn't been getting the starts as Sterling, Aguero and Jesus have been and they've been doing very well.

Yes well done to Sane. And well done to Sterling. And to Jesus and to Aguero. And to Pep for managing them all very well. He just needs to get B Silva into similar form as well now which I'm sure he will do as we have so many games.

I have no problem with him playing there in emergency so long as he isn't dropped to cameo 10 min subs appearences as a reward afterwards. I thought he did ok there.

So in the games since we switched back to a four he came on in the 82nd min (2-1 win), 56th min (5-0 win), 78th min (6-0 win), 72nd min (4-0) and started (2-1 win).

What do you notice as the common thread of those matches? Yes that's it, we are winning and scoring a bucket load, 19 goals in five matches. Sane is doing a great job to warrant a start but so are the players that have been starting.

Biggest Talent in Premier League or maybe World. Mindblogging , he should start every match

That was a world class performance out there. The scariest thing about these last few games is he could and probably should've had more goals to his name. Absolutely scary potential.

Sané has developed some lovely partnerships on the pitch. Him+Sterling, Him+Silva, Him+KDB. They all know how to play with each other perfectly, and that Sterling goal is the perfect example - KDB hits the ball ridiculously early because he knows Sané is on the move and has the pace to catch up. Sterling makes his run as soon as KDB plays the pass because he knows Sané will get there and square it, and Sané knows Sterling will make the run so he doesn't even have to think before making the cross.

Wonderfully synced up play all-round, and it's only going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.