Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we will probably get a tad frustrated with Raz from time to time over the next few years. Hes still young, still learning and is going to make mistakes and run down dark alleys and make the wrong choices from time to time. But, and its a big but, i would much rather have a "pro active" winger whos not scared too take people on, not scared to take responsibility now and again, than a "timid" winger who treats the ball like a hot potato and cant wait to get rid of it to someone else.

Hes working his b*****s off with us and is very much a team player i feel. Hes bought into Peps way (like pretty much all the squad have to tbf) and i think hes at the best club with the best coach to make him a true great british player.

the only problem for him is the way hes treated by the media. Disgusting.
Hopefully he gets to lift a few titles over the next few years so he can stick 2 big fat fucking fingers upto all the press and the liverpool tosser fans who've given him so much shit.

i think we will probably get a tad frustrated with Raz from time to time over the next few years. Hes still young, still learning and is going to make mistakes and run down dark alleys and make the wrong choices from time to time. But, and its a big but, i would much rather have a "pro active" winger whos not scared too take people on, not scared to take responsibility now and again, than a "timid" winger who treats the ball like a hot potato and cant wait to get rid of it to someone else.

Hes working his b*****s off with us and is very much a team player i feel. Hes bought into Peps way (like pretty much all the squad have to tbf) and i think hes at the best club with the best coach to make him a true great british player.

the only problem for him is the way hes treated by the media. Disgusting.
Hopefully he gets to lift a few titles over the next few years so he can stick 2 big fat fucking fingers upto all the press and the liverpool tosser fans who've given him so much shit.

He should fuck England off. All the country is ready to pounce on him when he makes a few mistakes when he plays for England, yet completely ignore the good things he does.

I see Raz the way I see Mane or Bale. What they do well is so unstoppable, that it makes other things they don't do well less significant.

Personally, I am neither hoping or expecting Raz's shooting or intricate passing skills to improve

However, I expect him to get more deadly at blowing by defenders and getting open on his movements.

In time these strengths, dribbling, speed, quickness, aggressiveness and movements will make him so indefensible that defenders will rather back off and give him more time. And its the allotment of that more time from respect for what he can do to you, that will make his shooting, scoring and passing a lot easier.

Just like with Mane and Bale.

I don't think he'll improve technique wise. He is not that young. Rather than improve on his weakness, I think his strengths will improve ( or better put "become more pronounced.")

I love the guy. Best off the ball movement I've seen since Nasri's heyday, but he is more explosive and more determined. He is gonna be special. Sadio Mane is his floor.

Was unlucky not to score against WBA. Played so well.

Sterling has everything including technique as we saw on many goals. The problem lies with decision making and choosing where to place the ball. He will improve on this.

15/16 - 31 games 7 goals
16/17 - 34 games 6 goals
17/18 - 5 games 5 goals

Just needs to keep on doing what he's doing.

Strikers instinct, that second goal especially, ball played out to Aguero and Sterling instantly bursts past 2 defenders for the tap in.

Strikers instinct, that second goal especially, ball played out to Aguero and Sterling instantly bursts past 2 defenders for the tap in.

Yep, Pep would've been delighted with that goal. He's developing into that kind of player who even when he's not as involved in a game, his movement means he will always get at least one clear chance a game. Probably why pep never takes him off in games that the team is not leading comfortably in by at least 2/3 clear goals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.