Is it time for City to move on from Kompany & Toure?

I think it's too early to write off Toure. Like the rest of the team in the second half against West Brom, he struggled when we lost control of the ball and it became frenetic, but up until that point he'd been integral to our passing and retention of the ball. Expect him to play quite a few games in the coming months.

Yeah, I don't get the constant berating of Yaya's pace.

Quite honestly, he needs actual constant game time to truly assess where he is.

One solitary game proves nothing either way.

I have to say I dont and I dont see how you can. The OP is full of speculation and not based in facts. None of us know what the issue with Yaya is, and given his age and the new players we have and the way we intend to play he was only ever going to be a bit part player this season. As for Kompany, who knows what is wrong with him. We are told it is a knock rather than a pull and so until facts say otherwise that is what I will be going on. 'Time to cut Kompany adrift', 'pissed the club off' - the first part is just wrong, no it isnt. And there is nothing really to suggest the second is right other than paper talk. Pissed the fans off, maybe. And the FFP bit is wrong too, we didnt have to keep older players to comply with it at all. We nearly paid tens of millions to buy Sanchez and probably will in January.
It's evident some of our older players needed to be replaced years ago, so are you saying the £49m FFP limit we were capped at had no bearing on these players being used beyond where we would have ideally replaced them?

Do you think it was club policy & we intentionally evolved into the oldest squad in the league?

No-one is doubting Kompany's abilities, or the importance of his leadership on & off the field, but more & more we have had to become less reliant on him as his injury issues have piled up, so playing in International matches, ESPECIALLY meaningless ones against European minnows won't do him, his body, or City any favours.

Ultimately, it's pointless having the best CB in the league & most influential captain if he can rarely put a run of games together. This is why I believe we should effectively replace Kompany so our team is not reliant on him being there. As it stands, we're a couple of key injuries away from our defenve being under severe pressure.

Mancini, Pellegrini & Guardiola have mentioned Kompany's international commitments as being an issue. Guardiola's issue may have been mentioned in the media & not with quotes from him, but that certainly isn't the case with the previous 2 incumbents.

As for Yaya, his old man performance on Wednesday should tell you why Guardiola has probably had issues with him this season. Yaya's physical condition was there for all to see in pre-season v WHU.

This is why for the good off the club, we need to move on & place our reliance on players who have their best 5-10 years in front of them, not behind them.

It's evident some of our older players needed to be replaced years ago, so are you saying the £49m FFP limit we were capped at had no bearing on these players being used beyond where we would have ideally replaced them?

Do you think it was club policy & we intentionally evolved into the oldest squad in the league?

No-one is doubting Kompany's abilities, or the importance of his leadership on & off the field, but more & more we have had to become less reliant on him as his injury issues have piled up, so playing in International matches, ESPECIALLY meaningless ones against European minnows won't do him, his body, or City any favours.

Ultimately, it's pointless having the best CB in the league & most influential captain if he can rarely put a run of games together. This is why I believe we should effectively replace Kompany so our team is not reliant on him being there. As it stands, we're a couple of key injuries away from our defenve being under severe pressure.

Mancini, Pellegrini & Guardiola have mentioned Kompany's international commitments as being an issue. Guardiola's issue may have been mentioned in the media & not with quotes from him, but that certainly isn't the case with the previous 2 incumbents.

As for Yaya, his old man performance on Wednesday should tell you why Guardiola has probably had issues with him this season. Yaya's physical condition was there for all to see in pre-season v WHU.

This is why for the good off the club, we need to move on & place our reliance on players who have their best 5-10 years in front of them, not behind them.
No, of course I dont think it was club policy to end up with the oldest club in the league. Why would any club decide on that? Silly question
I believe that FFP had no bearing on it, City were never bothered by that. What happened is that we had a 'fallow' year in limbo with Pellegrinis last season while we waited for Pep to come. Once that happened, Rome isnt built in a day. Eventually he got who he wanted to replace the old guard. That's all

I dont disagree with anything else you said in your post. My post was raising issue with the OPs

Not including the WBA game because it was a reserve team, 4 cleansheets in 4 games for proper defence without Kompany - do we even bring him back in if he's fit?

What we've got is working.

Pep isn't counting on either of them I don't think. Kompany against Chelsea would be nice though. But can't help but think he would play the whole match.

Not including the WBA game because it was a reserve team, 4 cleansheets in 4 games for proper defence without Kompany - do we even bring him back in if he's fit?

What we've got is working.

If Kompany is properly fit and not going to come off injured after his first tackle, stretch or sprint, he simply has to play. He is the captain and leader and his presence at the back has a calming influence on the rest of the team. His instructions to others and organisational qualities seem to remove the nervousness from the back five and make us seem a more solid unit.

Otamendi and Stones have done alright in his absence, but I still see there being rashness and carelessness in each of their respective games. Against Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and the vermin if fit VK has to play and likewise if we progress to the latter stages of the CL.

We've given out a few hiding recently, but even the most staunch of blues can see we need that bit of extra steel at the back, which will make us near unbeatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.