Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the debate that he is best suited across the top can be put to bed now (:

He's done ok I suppose.

Tbh if Pep recons he wasn't in good enough shape pre season & that's the reason he was something of a peripheral figure early on, then that explains why he wasn't used in position as much as he could have been & is fair enough for me.

Now we have a player for sure.

That's fair enough but Pep was playing him at LWB?? so has to shoulder some of the blame.

Because he played the same position last season and was brilliant there?! His performance against Chelsea was one of his break out performances and came at wingback.

The position wasn't the problem, he just wasn't playing well because of the reason Pep's just said above.

I think we all prefer him closer to the goal and everyone knows his future is there (don't think anyone's said otherwise), but he's got history of playing that position well, we had no LB, and it was a chance to get him in the side when otherwise he'd be on the bench. I cannot fathom why people still think it was some disgraceful move or confusing decision.

Last edited:
That's fair enough but Pep was playing him at LWB?? so has to shoulder some of the blame.

I don't think its entirely about where he played tbh. Pep's clever enough to know when someone doesn't understand the position and has a bad game for that reason or simply isn't putting enough effort in or could do more/isn't following instructions.

He's done ok I suppose.

Tbh if Pep recons he wasn't in good enough shape pre season & that's the reason he was something of a peripheral figure early on, then that explains why he wasn't used in position as much as he could have been & is fair enough for me.

Now we have a player for sure.
If he fullfills the potential we can all see, he could win the golden balloon thingy.

Superb today, has the individual ability to unlock any defence, that goal was special but his 2 assists were also brilliant crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.