City v Palace post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up with Fernandinho and de Bruyne allowing Benteke to run through on goal while Otamendi and Stones were standing together on the left side of the defence. Nothing came of it, but we had clearly lost all defensive shape and Pep was understandably livid.
They do this at least once a game. But I don't care as long as we keep scoring for fun

Thought Palace didn't look that bad actually. I can't believe they haven't asked a goal yet. Better football team to watch than Everton.

I was surprised that he was allowed to play on, because it looked to me like a hyperextension. Made me wonder if the treating physios can or indeed should have access to the video footage when assessing the injury on the park. As you say, the adrenaline can mask the full impact, and the player might not always know what has actually happened, so being able to liaise with someone who has viewed/is viewing the footage may help them make a more accurate diagnosis and prevent the player continuing when doing so might aggravate the injury.
My personal feeling is that as soon as you know from the Physio it is a knee, the change is a dead cert. So, he gets treatment, gives a sub some time to warm up and comes off! What it looked like to me today was almost the old days of the magic sponge and/or cold spray! We are talking finely tuned athletes, a game every three days, and one actual full back to cover both wings for future games. He should have taken as much time as the ref could stomach and walked off slowly. Instead, you put the player in the position of having to push himself to defend and possibly create significantly greater damage.

I am hopeful he will be back, fully fit, for Chelsea. Anything before that is a bonus.

Anyone else notice that four Englishmen played for us today, scoring three of our goals?

Too bad we’re ruining their careers.

Really? I thought Kev had his worst game of the season today, he looked like he needed a rest to me, still love him though
His crossfield passing today was superb. But, like you, I'm getting concerned about the mileage! I'd have taken Silva and KDB off today to give them max rest for the next two games.

Thought Palace didn't look that bad actually. I can't believe they haven't asked a goal yet. Better football team to watch than Everton.

This. I also watched them against Burnley and how they never scored and won the game i will never know.

Not saying De Boer is a good manager but he got let down very badly by those above him who pulled the trigger far too quickly as this side isnt a bad side imo.

Caused us a few problems at nil nil, once the goal went in though they looked shattered.

First half they looked quite lively, unlucky not to score in fact. That goal for us at the perfect time and the worst time for them. Once we got that first there was no way back for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.