Uber London loses licence to operate

Never use uber and never will, use the gett app for black cabs.

Manchester private hires with the yellow sticker only too, and when I order a private hire if a rossendale plated driver turns up I send it away, but I do always tell the firm first when I order I won't accept a rossendale plated driver.

Never ever flag a rossendale taxi down on the streets of Manchester because you will be uninsured.

Fuck me, someone's started a fucking petition, and another 500,000 dicks have signed it.

Oh, and yes, if you've signed it, I'm calling you a dick. Please don't ask for clarification.

It's a rapidly growing petition. Fastest ever.

How is this the most upsetting thing ever? People are more pissed off about this than Brexit. Doesn't make sense.

Never had a problem with them and they're loads cheaper than black cabs. Was quoted £25 off a black cab in London for a £10 uber trip, they may of heard the accent though and took the piss (another problem with black cabs)

My daughter was in L.A. last Christmas and used Uber to get around, on my credit card. For the next two months, I had fraudulent Uber charges IN L.A. on my credit card. Don't know how, because I've never used them, but the credit card company took care of it, cancelled the card and sent me a new one. Lady I spoke to said I'm not the first.

The idea that this is the regulators fault is a strange one. Do you blame the health inspector when your local kebab place is closed down, or do you blame management for failing to abide by the regulations? The fact that this petition was started by Uber themselves makes it even more pathetic.

Fuck me, someone's started a fucking petition, and another 500,000 dicks have signed it.

Oh, and yes, if you've signed it, I'm calling you a dick. Please don't ask for clarification.

not someone Uber started it horrible cunts

Im amazed at this decision, the Mayors days are numbered

Ive been using Uber for about 2 years now, never had a problem, in fact a lot of the drivers are very interesting people

Its great to see exactly how long the cab is gonna be and tracking it instead of just waiting, also great that no money changes hands, the cars are a lot nicer also.

Never ever flag a rossendale taxi down on the streets of Manchester because you will be uninsured.

I don't understand the 'not insured unless booked in advance' stickers you see on taxis.

Surely every taxi you ride in has to have insurance, otherwise they can't have a licence?

Is it the case that if you ride in a taxi after flagging one down and it's involved in a crash leaving you a gibbering wreck, you have no recourse to compensation?

I have no idea, but why, if the driver is insured, wouldn't you be covered as a passenger?

Are there any precedents in case law that support the warning?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.