City v Palace post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing the non-penalty against Leroy on the highlights, looked absolute stonewall to me at the game.

Looking forward to seeing the non-penalty against Leroy on the highlights, looked absolute stonewall to me at the game.

Defender has his arm from outside the box till in it and is pulling him to the side and down.

Its a penalty mate.

Did anyone else notice that the Palace players went to the two coaches (I don't know their names) not to Hodgson even when he was standing there & as soon as Hodgson approached they walked away? I don't think he's going to be there long. However Hodgson did applaud our players as well as his own. It was good to see Raheem & Stones go to him at the end. I used to have a lot of respect for him but I think he should retire now.

Great goals, good game, was torn between David Silva & Sane for MOTM.

Why does Guardiola take off a player when they've scored 2 goals? This question was brought up by a couple of different people today. I've noticed it with Aguero & today again with Raheem. Is it because he doesn't want one player getting the headlines or what?

Did anyone else notice that the Palace players went to the two coaches (I don't know their names) not to Hodgson even when he was standing there & as soon as Hodgson approached they walked away? I don't think he's going to be there long. However Hodgson did applaud our players as well as his own. It was good to see Raheem & Stones go to him at the end. I used to have a lot of respect for him but I think he should retire now.

Great goals, good game, was torn between David Silva & Sane for MOTM.

Why does Guardiola take off a player when they've scored 2 goals? This question was brought up by a couple of different people today. I've noticed it with Aguero & today again with Raheem. Is it because he doesn't want one player getting the headlines or what?
He generally substitutes an attacker at the 60 minute mark. Did nothing different today

Making the Etihad a fortress again in terms of number of goals scored is massive. We had too many games last season and in the last periods of Manuel's reign where it took too many chances were wasted and our opponents settled into the game.

Keeping them on the back-foot, and having these short bursts of pure annihilation is what Pep's teams have always been about. We did it on our travels last season and I think it was a little easier as our opponents open up a bit more, but the habit of knowing if one player doesn't score, another can and another can is a nightmare for teams. Our title winning teams have had contributions all over and this group have that.

Defender has his arm from outside the box till in it and is pulling him to the side and down.

Its a penalty mate.

Didn’t think it was to be honest. He held Sane outside the box (you could argue Sane was pushing him as well tbf) so it was a free kick to us on the edge. But in the box Sane tried to shield it but the player wasn’t there so lost his balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.