Aguero
Jesus

Ederson
Walker stones otamendi Delph

Fernandinho
Silva KDB Bernardo
Sane Jesus

Subs:
Bravo, Kompany,Gundogan,Sterling Danilo , Aguero Toure/Mendy if fit.
3-1 City

—————————— Ederson ——————————
———— Danilo —— Stones — Otamendi ——
Walker ————————————————— Delph
—————————— De Bruyne ————————
——— Bernardo —— Silva —— Sane ————
——————————— Jesus ——————————

Subs: Bravo, Kompany, Mangala, Fernandinho, Foden, Aguero, Sterling

I know this is fanciful, but this allows Kevin to play in a deeper position to take advantage of late runs of Sane and Bernardo, the hold up /combination play between Bernardo, Silva, and Jesus, and the overlaps from Walker and Delph. Kevin has already proven he can play in the CM role with cover from three CBs and Danilo looks very comfortable in that RCB role. This would also cover Otamendi’s weakness to pace, with Stone both stepping into midfield in attack and dropping to cover space Nico vacates in defense, with the wingbacks inverting when needed to keep things moving forward. If we establish a 2-0 lead we can sub off Kevin for Foden, Sane for Sterling, and Bernardo for Agüero, switching to a 4-1-3-2 by moving Danilo into the DM role.

It won’t happen... but I’d Love to see it (ideally with Mendy in for Delph and Kompany for Danilo, of course).

Must win, can't rest anyone here. We need to be first in the group and Napoli are a strong force and would be tougher opponents.
So where do Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Silva, Jesus and Bernardo and KDB all play?

A couple will be rested for sure.

So where do Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Silva, Jesus and Bernardo and KDB all play?

A couple will be rested for sure.

I meant we should use the team that we have been using. Probably Sterling out for Jesus and Bernardo on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.