Girona FC 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for this thread, and oh it is here. We should keep this thread in the main forum. Since almost all of our future first teamers (if any) are there. Especially Maffeo and douglas luiz. Maffeo for about 70 min stop messi from scoring. He was a shadow for messi. He did a pretty descent job. I think he will be here next season, Competing with walker and danilo for right back slot. Luiz had his first start of the season. He looked solid. May be next year or the year after that he will be here.

I'd expect to see Douglas Luiz back here next season with he way he's going. Good talent.

Just caught part of the second half but heard the commentator say that Douglas Luiz was one of the most eye catching players on either side. I think 5 City players appeared during the game. What an incredible opportunity for them to play at that level and to either eventually make it back with us or with another team. I think this is the sort of loan that players like Diaz and Foden needed rather than waiting half the season for the occasional ten minutes.

I watched the game this afternoon and was very impressed with Luiz, he had a presence about him on the ball and looks a good athlete obviously naive at times giving the ball away but as has been said what a great education playing regularly in the Primera. I must say I was disappointed with Mafeo, maybe it was the role he was asked to play by the coach, I don't know but, trying to man mark Messi and being so negative was obviously frustrating for the lad and I think he is a better player than that.

I watched the game this afternoon and was very impressed with Luiz, he had a presence about him on the ball and looks a good athlete obviously naive at times giving the ball away but as has been said what a great education playing regularly in the Primera. I must say I was disappointed with Mafeo, maybe it was the role he was asked to play by the coach, I don't know but, trying to man mark Messi and being so negative was obviously frustrating for the lad and I think he is a better player than that.

?

Puzzled me that one too, only match this season Messi hasn't scored or assisted. Nationwide attention in the Spanish media. Analysts questioning if other clubs will adopt this approach to stopping Messi. Obviously the coach has a lot of trust in him, and he looks a remarkably intelligent and mature defender for his age.

Talking to a few rags at work today they have just heard about Girona. They don't fukin like it the penny is beginning to drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.